• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT CCXLVIII: CANCEL REDSOXFANS EVERYWHERE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this convo is gonna trigger some b-school kids who need to assert their command over the flow of the CT lol i love it

print is a medium tho

What I mean is that the book is a technology that long precedes the printing press and that "print" is a medium only metaphorically, like "the press". The medium is writing.

I wrote more but deleted it.

Also may rethink all of this tomorrow

CT CCXLVIII: Is Parmesan cheese overrated?

plama what was the last book you read

A good friend of mine wrote a YA adaption of Anna Karenina book that got greenlighted for series. Read it on a flight back east a couple years ago. Think crazy rich Asians meets gossip girl

What I mean is that the book is a technology that long precedes the printing press

of course! i gave them a brief overview of how papyrus & parchment is made before leading into an (also brief) discussion of illuminated manuscripts and the printing press' challenge to religious authority

always fun when they learn parchment isn't paper

"print" is a medium only metaphorically, like "the press". The medium is writing.

this is a more difficult thing to parse

i think we're talking semantics here tho because I can flow with the arg that "print" incorporates writing since my understanding is there's an etymological connection there

who knows

A good friend of mine wrote a YA adaption of Anna Karenina book that got greenlighted for series. Read it on a flight back east a couple years ago. Think crazy rich Asians meets gossip girl

defs Netflix $$$

"print" is a medium only metaphorically, like "the press". The medium is writing.

this is a more difficult thing to parse

i think we're talking semantics here tho because I can flow with the arg that "print" incorporates writing since my understanding is there's an etymological connection there

who knows

i'm also partial to just saying the medium here is the word since I'm staring down the barrel of writing a diss on the history of voice v. logos #Derrida

Yo there is like 2 threads at least on the tunnels this would be great on.

unknown.png

his master's voice sighting on the far left in that site photo!!

"It explored how the unique grain of our voice locates us socially, geographically and psychologically, and how it is utterly flexible and can be altered with treatment and training."

I feel like you posted that on the chat thread once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back