• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: To our friends who no longer chance to stroll down the Boulevard of Chat, we hope you are well and welcome you back whenever you are ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can be raunchy sometimes, but that Tom Brady roast was RAWWWWWWWNCHY !!!!

A little perspective on US distances vs European distances.

According to Google, the distance from Rome to Salerno is 233 km or 144 miles and takes 1 hour 39 minutes.

Washington, DC to Philadelphia is 140 miles or 225 km. Amtrak Acela takes 1 hour 34 minutes from Union Station (DC) to 30th Street Station (Philly). Cost is as little as $30, depending on travel time and day.

Raleigh, NC to Statesville, NC is 146 miles.

Paris to Berlin is 877 km or 545 miles. Train trip is a little over 8 hours. DC to Boston is 435 miles or 770 km. Make it Richmond to Boston and the distance is 535 miles, or 861 km.

Th US is a really big place. Intercity Rail infrastructure is privately built and paid for.

ETA: Florida Brightline rail from Orlando to Miami is 235 miles (378 km) and takes about 3.5 hours. A four pack of round trip coach tickets is $398.
Fair points. I looked up the same dates on the Acela trip you noted and the cheapest first class tickets were $236 each. So almost 9X more expensive.

-M4ryb.gif

So I have an extra ticket to the baseball game from my company tonight, so I figured I would ask around to see if anyone can go. Now, is the proper etiquette to ask one person at a time and wait until they respond and then ask the next person or is it ok send out multiple texts and if multiple people say they can go, just let them know that someone has claimed the ticket first. There are pros and cons to both scenarios. Some people may not respond for hours, and by that time other people may have mad plans, but on the other hand, you have gotten peoples hopes up only then to dash them. What is the right way of doing this? Also different friend groups so cant do group chat.

So I have an extra ticket to the baseball game from my company tonight, so I figured I would ask around to see if anyone can go. Now, is the proper etiquette to ask one person at a time and wait until they respond and then ask the next person or is it ok send out multiple texts and if multiple people say they can go, just let them know that someone has claimed the ticket first. There are pros and cons to both scenarios. Some people may not respond for hours, and by that time other people may have mad plans, but on the other hand, you have gotten peoples hopes up only then to dash them. What is the right way of doing this? Also different friend groups so cant do group chat.

nail it to the mast and announce the first person to spot land gets the ticket

/solved

I'd go but I'm recovering from parvo and I'm kind of tired from the Met Gala last night.

Parvo B-19 infects humans and is a common childhood infection, parents with young children should be aware of it as it causes fifths disease resulting in a rash and slapped cheeks. It has some mimicry to more serious conditions such as measles so is important as a differential. Biff though definitely has the canine version for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back