• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT64: I'll take a low-carb Red Bull. Or some Shark Bites or Gushers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score
Miller64%2Blogo%2B2012.jpg

tebow-mom-500x418.jpg

I am going to have to watch something trashy like Teen Mom before bed. Girl with the Dragon Tattoo + the end of Hell on Wheels or whatever the show on AMC is + Breaking Bad = nightmares.

I can't understand anything that the people on "love & hip-hop" are saying

tlc never disappoints me on the trashy tv front. right now, it's a docu-drama about a guy who can't get it up. good job, tlc!

Oh man now I really wanna watch Grandma's Boy. Think they got it on the hotel movie thing?

Yeah they definitely got the pron. However I'm expensing this so I can't really have that on the bill. Plus i haven't paid for pron in like forever.

Speaking of saving, I'm fairly sure my credit score is going to jump up like 70 points in the next month. I'm gonna apply for a credit card with a crazy limit and just go nuts. Leveraging up and buying things is the only way to be a true American. I'm thinking new computer and wardrobe

I'm 24 and still have no idea what my credit score is or how to find out or how that shit really works anyways. I have a credit card with a tiny credit limit and I just don't use it. Like, I've charged maybe $300 of things, ever. I have so much student debt that I just don't plan to leverage anything until I know I have those payments under control.

I'm 24 and still have no idea what my credit score is or how to find out or how that shit really works anyways. I have a credit card with a tiny credit limit and I just don't use it. Like, I've charged maybe $300 of things, ever. I have so much student debt that I just don't plan to leverage anything until I know I have those payments under control.

I'm 25 and just know that mine is pretty bad because my senior year roommates didn't change my name out of some utility bills and then left them unpaid. Not sure exactly how bad, and I'm still not sure if those bills are still unresolved at this point either. I do know I got denied for a chase freedom card I applied for about a year ago, but apparently that's not a real easy card to get anyway if your credit isn't at least decent. Need to get something soon though so I can pay off bills/gas with it and start working on building credit again, I just hate having to settle for a credit card with shitty/no rewards.

I've become fairly knowledgable on the subject recently. I got fairly screwed during a student loan consolidation process where I had something like 8 different student loans, and I think the Hutchins loan at Wake or something didn't or couldn't get consolidated and I didn't know until some debt collector called me up and said my student loan was delinquent like 9 months.

The main factor is to not have any 30 day + delinquent credit card, student loan, car payment type payments for a period of 24 months. After 7 years any late payments are completely wiped off, but its much more heavily weighted towards the first 2 years. Utility bills shouldn't show up on credit reports, unless there's like a lien or a judgment against you in a public record. Paying phone bills/utility bills on time doesn't show up on your credit report. So if you have a choice and are tight one month, prioritize credit card/studentloans/car payments over utility/phone/internet bills.

I would advise doing a one time credit report at equifax or something BUT MAKE SURE TO CANCEL IT. The sites charge you for 2 seperate things, usually $14/mo for their service and you get dinged $7/mo for something called triple advantage. Alternatively you can go to a website called quizzle and in a few minutes get a good free estimate of your score.

I applied for a credit card recently and the score it said when I applied was about 40 points higher than my equifax tells me, and my quizzle was about 40 points higher than my equifax told me, so quizzle may well be more accurate.

I would get one of those crappy cards with shitty/no rewards. Generally you can double the say $500 credit limit to $1,000 within 6 months or so, but you are paying a hefty usually like $60 fee. Ya keep the card for a year or two max, and by then your score should be strong enough to get a capital one card or something which will give you some rewards and like a $2,000 limit with about a 670 score. A few years of that and then you can likely qualify for the real $5-10k limit cards, which are nice to have in the case you lose your job or something and want some security of having the ability to draw on 6 months of living expenses or so.

Last edited:
If I'm 25 or whatnot and living in the winston area and thinking of staying there for a good bit, I'd get a strong handle on your credit ASAP, mainly cause you can buy a lotta house for like sub 4% interest rates. Combined with the tax savings compared to renting it doesn't make much sense NOT to own a house where you can get a good sized place for sub $300k prices.

freeeeeeeeeeeee birrddddddddd yeaaaaaaaaaa

Just did some research and my girl has been dating some british dude for like 2 years. On the plus side he looks like a dork, so I'm in. And on the super plus side I can always tell her I've been the president of the J-Lawr fanclub since she was 3.

What's the difference between "cool" and "fan" on an A/C window unit? Fan just circulates the air while cool actively cools it? It is there any reason not to leave it on low cool all night if the room is warm?

What's the difference between "cool" and "fan" on an A/C window unit? Fan just circulates the air while cool actively cools it? It is there any reason not to leave it on low cool all night if the room is warm?

I might well be the king of not knowing common sense, but yes you are correct in your guesses and I'm shocked anyone over the age of 10 would ask this question.

buckets was right.

trolljob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back