• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTCT: Featuring the Human Selfie Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you shave every day

I probably shave only once a week on average. May change depending on the timing of work events and other obligations. But my facial hair grows pretty slowly.

Couch delivery today has a 4 hour window (11am to 3pm!). I have an appt at 4 across town. It's definitely getting here at 3:30pm, right?

I probably shave only once a week on average. May change depending on the timing of work events and other obligations. But my facial hair grows pretty slowly.
yeah I'm once or twice per week depending on what I have going on. My stubble gets to a point where it looks like shit and that's when I shave. I'm at that point today, but didn't have enough time to do it this morning before taking my son to his OT appt.

3:30 tomorrow
Noooooooooooooooooo!

As much as White Glove Service for this cost me, I'm surprised they weren't here an hour early ready to pre-clean my living room for me.

• Haha
Reactions: WRS
They're all fascinating to me, especially when I think back on all the weird people that I've met on the trail, mostly waaaaay away from anything resembling civilization.
Do you ever go back to the trail and do trail magic type stuff?

I was talking to someone who hiked the entire thing 8 years ago and goes back once every summer and sets up a portable kitchen and cooks burgers, eggs etc. for all hikers passing by. Said they went through 400+ eggs last year!

Do you ever go back to the trail and do trail magic type stuff?

I was talking to someone who hiked the entire thing 8 years ago and goes back once every summer and sets up a portable kitchen and cooks burgers, eggs etc. for all hikers passing by. Said they went through 400+ eggs last year!
I'll leave gatorades and candy bars at shelters sometimes, but people that go that far are absolute angels. It's crazy how amazing little things like that are on the trail.

had an interview with the hiring manager two weeks ago today. emailed the recruiter last Fri asking if they had a timeline. crickets. should I just leave alone or email again? he's always stressed he'll be in touch whenever he has updates, but I haven't heard from him since we scheduled that round. I have his number and he originally said to call any time with questions but not sure if I want to call and just be told it's a no – feel like I'd rather read that in an email (unless he calls me obvi).

had an interview with the hiring manager two weeks ago today. emailed the recruiter last Fri asking if they had a timeline. crickets. should I just leave alone or email again? he's always stressed he'll be in touch whenever he has updates, but I haven't heard from him since we scheduled that round. I have his number and he originally said to call any time with questions but not sure if I want to call and just be told it's a no – feel like I'd rather read that in an email (unless he calls me obvi).

I would probably wait, personally, unless he gave you a timeline for when they were going to make a decision and it was < 2 weeks.

f/u monday or Tuesday. That way it's over a week

I would probably wait, personally, unless he gave you a timeline for when they were going to make a decision and it was < 2 weeks.
he didn't. just that they were still scheduling other candidate(s). since mine was on a Fri afternoon I assume the rest were over the course of last week. they kinda move slow in general, took a while between rounds. they're a small shop but hiring 4 roles at the same time so I understand he's busy with all the simultaneous scheduling. but still! it sucks to be in the dark. at least I have an interview next week. it's always better for me going into the weekend with something concrete to look forward to the following week. two other apps out there where I have connections, hoping one of em can pull the strings to get me scheduled.

also, I want to have at least another interview in the hopper heading into Easter weekend since I'll be with my in-laws and I'd rather not have them looking at me scornfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back