• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTXXXIII - weird goodbyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had both. The original Quad Olympics and then we had the second version here on the Pit.

I’m not sure any of my original Danish teammates are still around.

I can’t believe how much more free time I had back then to participate and then be on the pit Olympic committee.
Wait who won the hot guys contest?

I think it's hugely important to take care of yourself and maintain a sense of self that's independent of the kids...Diggler spells some of that out in his post. That said, I personally try not to miss kid stuff because you never know when it's going to be the last time they do that 'thing' and I know that's true for a lot of things in life but it really hits me when I think about it in context of the kids. For example, my oldest (almost 7) asks me to tell her stories all the fucking time and a lot of times I don't want to, but one day it will be the last time she asks for a story and I don't want to say 'no' in that moment. I think of the soccer games and other stuff in the same context.

My son wants me to push him on the swing everyday. For like 30 minutes. Would be longer if I didn't eventually cut him off for dinner or because it has become pitch black outside.

Sometimes it is boring. But then I remember that my two daughters don't need me to push them on the swing anymore and haven't asked in years.

So I give him more pushes.

I’m getting ready to go to the gym because my wife decided to eat pita chips as loudly as possible in the bed at around 2 am

Geez... Your wife really keeps you on your toes at night. I don't think I could sleep soundly in that kind of environment.

Getting roused out of a sound sleep and not knowing if it's gonna be sex or a charcuterie tray. That's jarring.

@mako1331 do you work the election into your lesson plan at all or is it something you are told to stay away from?
We’re off today. But no, I don’t touch politics ever. Everyone already assumes I’m an insane liberal because I’m a male English teacher.

We’re off today. But no, I don’t touch politics ever. Everyone already assumes I’m an insane liberal because I’m a male English teacher.
is your school a precinct? I voted at an elementary and I wondered how they square that.

Ours isn’t but just about all the elementary schools are.
was just talking with someone who voted in Henderson County and she took a wrong turn and got in the school dropoff line. Seems weird to have schools (especially elementary?) open when there are strangers coming in and out all day long.

I've been nuts deep in court all week. Cramping my chat thread game.

Missed you guys waxing nostalgic. ❤️

Excited to celebrate the end of democracy by playing God of War: Ragnarok until I die like those gamers in one of the Koreas.

Cobb County schools are out which means my son’s preschool is also out.

We voted at what used to be an elementary school but now is a professional development center for the Cobb County School Department.

My ballot looked like a red and blue checkerboard.

Nothing really close on the Massachusetts ballot. Couple referendums are interesting though: should illegal immigrants continue to be allowed to get drivers licenses and should there be a 4% tax increase on all annual income over $1 million

The SC referendums appear to just be about shifting money the state already has into different funds without any expense to the taxpayer. I don't know where it's coming from or where it's going, but seemingly bolstering up the "rainy day fund" is the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back