• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dalls Deacs: I'm visiting in about a month

ChicdeaC

Reaction score
Dallas Deacs: I'm visiting in about a month
What can those that currently reside in Dallas tell me about the place? Or those who have visited.

Thanks

Damn, my super quick edit to a copy/paste

1. Go to Billy Bob's.
2. Blow on an armadillo making it win its race.
3. Take the armadillo milk you just won to the bartender and ask him to turn it into a White Russian.
4. Finish White Russian as quickly as possible.
5. Enjoy the night.

According to the conference website "Just North of the downtown business district". I mostly posted this as a joke since PirateDeacon posted his about Houston this week. I do have some friends in Dallas I am going to try to get together with, but if there is absolutely something I shouldn't miss, by all means...

I went home to Dallas to visit family in January and went to the new Perot Museum of Nature and Science. It was incredible, for what it's worth, and should be close to where your conference is. While downtown, eat Mexican at the original El Fenix. Shoot now I'm hungry...

DDA is right the new Perot museum is legit. Get advanced tickets. The arts district has really improved recently. The Dallas Museum of Art is now free. Klyde Warren Park downtown is a new urban park that has lots of activities. Nasher Sculpture Center is worth a trip.

Lots of good food. What do you want to eat?

I want to eat all the things. I am definitely in for the Perot museum (provided I can sneak away from the conference). El Fenix sounds right in line with what I want to eat. I have been to Dallas before, for Tex98'S wedding and we did some touristy stuff, but these suggestions are good.

You're going to have time to see a museum when you're supposed to be at a conference?

What a boondoggle. Our tax dollars at work.

Here are some of my favorites you can look into

Shinsei for sushi
Yutaka for sushi (closer to where you're staying)
Abacus (Kent Rathbun)
Hibiscus "new American"
Si Tapas for Spanish
Stampede 66 (Stephen Pyles new place) I haven't been but heard good things
Off Site Kithcen great burgers for lunch
Oak
FT 33

I went home to Dallas to visit family in January and went to the new Perot Museum of Nature and Science. It was incredible, for what it's worth, and should be close to where your conference is. While downtown, eat Mexican at the original El Fenix. Shoot now I'm hungry...

Oh shiz, did you just mention El Fenix? Haven't thought of that place in years. I can still remember going there as a kid. So, so good.

Oh shiz, did you just mention El Fenix? Haven't thought of that place in years. I can still remember going there as a kid. So, so good.

Yea homie...but you gotta hit up the one downtown (the original). My sister's in-laws are from England, and when they came to Dallas for the wedding we took them there. It was hilarious to watch them fawn over the food. The didn't understand unlimited chips and salsa.

Hey Chic, if Mex doesn't work out, get a really good brisket sandwich at Sammy's BBQ near Woodall Rogers Frwy (uptown area). McKinney Ave at night has good bars to go to, FWIW. Lastly, go Mavs.

Yea homie...but you gotta hit up the one downtown (the original). My sister's in-laws are from England, and when they came to Dallas for the wedding we took them there. It was hilarious to watch them fawn over the food. The didn't understand unlimited chips and salsa.

Hey Chic, if Mex doesn't work out, get a really good brisket sandwich at Sammy's BBQ near Woodall Rogers Frwy (uptown area). McKinney Ave at night has good bars to go to, FWIW. Lastly, go Mavs.

My wife ate there today because of this thread. Since 1918

Reactions: DDA
I've been recommending Pepe & Mito's to anybody who would listen (which is nobody) for years now. Maybe now that they've been on Diner's, Dives and Drive-ins, people will listen. In Deep Ellum off Elm and Malcolm X.

Haven't been to the Perot Museum yet. Have heard good things, but the only thing I know for certain is the building is ugly as shit.

Sounds like you'll be around uptown. Plenty of things to do there. I hate it. Full of yuppie and hipster douchebags.

Back