• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Damari Monsanto

awakegirl

Reaction score
Seemed like we needed a thread to try to figure out what’s going on. We know he tweeted a bunch of emo stuff and then deleted his Twitter, told Coach his knee hurt and didn’t practice and now sat the past two games, while being dressed. Also clear based on Forbes’ press conference that there is a ton of tension between the two of them. What the hell happened and is his career at Wake done?

My guess is that he pressed Forbes to come back early. Forbes let him come back early, and he either reinjured himself or just has zero lateral quickness and can’t play defense

I also think it’s pretty clear that his “setback” while he was at home was a reinjury

The whole narrative is that he had to be cleared by medical, so if that is the case then all of that was a lie.

The whole narrative is that he had to be cleared by medical, so if that is the case then all of that was a lie.

Nah, as I understand it, there’s a difference between being medically cleared and game availability. Lots of guys who get cleared opt to play through injuries or sit out the remainder of the season.

But didn't they keep saying the muscle had to get to a certain % and then he'd play? I mean I guess forbes could have not wanted him to play even then, but Damari pushed him.

I definitely think his setback was a reinjury over the summer. The story just changed too quickly from- here he is working out ahead of schedule to what we have now. I’m not convinced he got injured again. There’s clearly a personality thing going on. Maybe he’s mad at his PT? Led to him saying f it, I’m hurt and not practicing? Do we know why Forbes sat him in previous seasons?

You would figure the players were all ecstatic after the Duke game, but he didn’t seem at all happy and he was in his car leaving the Joel before I was.

He has shot the ball poorly and hasn’t looked great on defense post injury — second injury not easy to come back from . Are we really reading into some post about how quickly he left the Duke game? Good grief. Looked engaged whenever they showed the bench tonight

But didn't they keep saying the muscle had to get to a certain % and then he'd play? I mean I guess forbes could have not wanted him to play even then, but Damari pushed him.

I mean we have actual sports physicians on here, but strength tests and lateral quickness don’t necessarily get at the same bodily issues. You could be plenty strong without being able to move quickly laterally.

He found multiple ways to get under Forbes' skin. Haven't seen Forbes react to any other WF player in a similar manner.

Would bet he is definitely done here.

Based on what?
His snarky public social media presence at the begining of Wake's potentially biggest basketball week in 14 years, his obvious shitty attitude and not being supportive of his teammates since not playing much in the Duke game...Also, IMO, if he pushed himself against coaches wishes over the holidays and reinjured himself, that's the ultimate selfish move. Our team was counting on Damari to make a difference this year, but at the very least keep being a supportive teammate.

I know this is just what you do, so I'm not going to engage any further. This is a classic PH stance to argue Damari hasn't acted selfishly the last week and a half.

Also, there are unknowns at play, and if you really think Forbes is going to throw a guy under the bus for no reasons, you aren't paying attention. Damari is on the bench not playing for more reasons than being slow on defense and his shot not falling.

Regardless of your judgment on Monsanto's instagram and twitter posts, it was Forbes that played him all those minutes hoping to find an answer to our shooting meltdown.

Forbes was grumpy with the media yesterday, Monsanto grumpy on social for the week. Cam's wrist isn't going to magically heal, Parker isn't going to turn a corner, Boopie's release isn't getting fixed in a week.

It's college basketball. You have to hit 3's to win. We're not hitting any 3's. How players and coaches react to that reality (and the failures that ensue) is the fallout, not the cause.

Creamy, I watch games, not social media. I have no idea how Monsanto is acting in real life. I’m not arguing anything. I just want to know what real information you have to support your weird distain for him aside from three losses earned by other players and coaches.

Monsanto may be disgruntled and showing it on social media, but he didn't miss all those shots, play shit defense, or play with no sense of urgency the last 3 games.

Back