• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan back to Buzz out?

My apologies for posting the same thing on multiple threads but I want to make sure everyone sees this.

I think football season ticket renewal time is the perfect opportunity for us to flex our muscles and get rid of Buzz. When I got my email, I replied that I would not buy any tickets or give anything to the Deacon Club until Buzz is gone. I cced Ron Wellman as well. No ticket sales/no donations = No BUZZ. Not only go we not need to buy tickets or donate but the university needs to know why as well. I urge everyone else to do the same. Let's get rid of this clown once and for all!!!

Dan made his own bed with this January 7 column:
http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_06189b4c-58e5-11e2-868c-0019bb30f31a.html

"Those who read MTOW regularly know I'm partial to the long view. It's just always made more sense to me to see what transpires and react to that instead of always projecting what is bound to happen. I've seen way too many things that were bound to happen that never did."

And then he proceeded to draw conclusions based on what was happening at the time.

Perhaps the best was this one.
"Barring unforeseen developments, the Deacons will open the 2013-14 season with a roster of senior McKie, juniors Daniel Green and Chase Fischer, sophomores Codi Miller-McIntyre, Devin Thomas, Arnaud Adala Moto, Tyler Cavanaugh, Madison Jones, Aaron Rountree and Andre Washington and freshmen McClinton and Overton. If you'd rather have the original cast, you haven't seen Terrell and Stewart play at their new home of Southern Cal. For that matter, no one has seen them play much lately. Stewart never cracked the lineup and Terrell was benched about the time his shooting percentage dipped below 30 percent."

Since Dan wrote this column, JTT has averaged over 30 minute a game. JTT has scored in double figures in 11 of 12 games, averaging 13.9 pts with 41% FG, 38% 3PT.

Still wouldn't want Terrell on my hoops team. His season FG% of 35% and 1:3 asst:TO make him an obsolete SG. He's also slight of frame and averages 0.7 steals so he's not getting it done on that end either. He's like Chase except he shoots more often.

My apologies for posting the same thing on multiple threads but I want to make sure everyone sees this.

I think football season ticket renewal time is the perfect opportunity for us to flex our muscles and get rid of Buzz. When I got my email, I replied that I would not buy any tickets or give anything to the Deacon Club until Buzz is gone. I cced Ron Wellman as well. No ticket sales/no donations = No BUZZ. Not only go we not need to buy tickets or donate but the university needs to know why as well. I urge everyone else to do the same. Let's get rid of this clown once and for all!!!

I try not to go crazy in supporting every facet of the anti-bz movement, but this is one that needs to be repeated.

Excellent thought

Nice post bro

Speaking of buffet, I'm attending new Provost Kersh's meet and greet in Raleigh tonight and since he and I were classmates, I'll bend his ear alittle on this Bzz fiasco if I can get the chance.

Attended the meet & greet in Charlotte last month. He's a good guy. FWIW, he is a big Wake sports fan.

But that one win on the road was our Super Bowl. I mean it was a really big win, as in really big!

Under the circumstance it will have to do as the one and only signature win on the road!

Not sure I agree with most of you here... not on Buzz, but on Dan. He seems to comment on the wrinkle shown to him most recently. To assume that he should have a singular vision for the contours of the team / performance because of his feelings about Buzz doesn't make sense to me. Many of you seem to be getting too caught up in a vision of Wake defined too narrowly on Buzz. Let Dan be happy at a good performance and pissed at a bad without seeing Buzz as the only input worth mentioning or basing his writing on. He tends to voice how I have been experiencing this season.

Why do we care if Dan is BUZZ in or out? It really confuses me.

Ron Wellstein: "Oh, heaven's no! Dan has announced BUZZOUT 4 EVA1111!!!! I must fire Bezz-delik immediately!!!!1111

Ron Wellstein: "Oh, heaven's no! Dan has announced BUZZOUT 4 EVA1111!!!! I must fire Bezz-delik immediately!!!!1111

I agree - the guy is a sportswriter who is basically the only person in the Western Hemisphere who covers Wake Forest (whether he enjoys it or just has to is another story). Let him write his columns in peace...

Dan appears inconsistent in his POV because the crowd he covers is wildly inconsistent in its performance. Of course, that observation is true from a game-to-game perspective ... the team is maddeningly consistent based on the venue of the performance (soon to be 1-24). Daily referendums on Bz's viability give us something to do when there is nothing we can do. Bz's status will not be determined until the season ends.

Is there any stat more damning than 1-23?

1 - 24? (Coming March 6th to a theater near you)

Dan appears inconsistent in his POV because the crowd he covers is wildly inconsistent in its performance. Of course, that observation is true from a game-to-game perspective ... the team is maddeningly consistent based on the venue of the performance (soon to be 1-24). Daily referendums on Bz's viability give us something to do when there is nothing we can do. Bz's status will not be determined until the season ends.

FireBz.com has his current road record at Wake as 1-25...

Last edited:

I AGREE WITH MOONZ ABOUT SOMETHING.

Who gives a fuck what Dan writes? Why do you guys put so much thought and effort into parsing his words?

Back