• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch Thread Credibility Watch

during the time of the search, it was reported white told wellman he wasn't ready (he took the UF job a year later).

in fact danny appears to have been our 5th choice. (shaka, miller, white, amaker!.... danny).

Great line from President Bartlett on the West Wing about a SCOTUS nominee that may or may not be fitting (paraphrasing):

You were not the first choice, but you were the last choice and the right choice.

During the search it was circulated that White and Miller turned down the job with the same person saying Manning was now the next guy left. This was way before Manning was even on the primary radar or any of the media said anything about Manning to Wake.

It's hard to imagine someone being so spot on about Manning part but then just making up the White/Miller piece.

I remember the sports board being PTFO that Manning had just done a Burger King promotional tweet and was actively negotiating with us

Learning that Junebug works for the left librul ivory tower academics was worth sifting through this ridiculous thread.

We are looking good for the NCAA Tournament with three straight wins going into the ACC Tournament where we will be favored to win two games. And there's still some poster who is arguing that we didn't do enough to attract a coach who is putting himself on the hot seat at Texas.

Still waiting.

Maya vetoed the move because she didn't like Winston. There were discussions to include her in something academic-related @ WFU that were eventually vetoed. We probably would have had Shaka if they weren't. No need to take a job at UT-Austin because Austin is much cooler than WS and many more things to get involved in besides the University. Plus, Texa$.

Personally, I think it has all worked out fine.

Last edited:
Still waiting.

You'll be waiting until one of us dies. I will never out the source. My word means something to me. When I tell someone, I won't give them up. I don't.

If you think for one second, an asshole like you on a message board means more to me than my word to someone then you are more of an asshole than I think you are.

Who wants shaka now???? Manning is a stud!!!!

I don't believe for one second that you, sitting there on your computer in the OC, have a "source" when it comes to Wake athletics, or, if you did, that you would be capable of understanding the information that the "source" was conveying to you, or, if you could, that you would be capable of accurately conveying through written medium the information that was conveyed to you, or, if you could, that your victim complex would allow you to keep your "source" secret in the face of challenges to the information. There are just far too many fail-safes for this to be a real thing.

It's real. Stay woke, counselor.

All I know is that Mike DeCourcy has zero credibility and is complete asshat, but Jerry Palm is the boss.

I respect your opinion, but I'll believe it when I see it. And I do not believe, as RJ claimed, that we had Smart but Hatch put the kibosh on the deal by refusing by give Maya a professorship.

This is rich and speaks directly to your ability to discern reality. You won't even listen to someone who knows me. A person who has listened to, seen evidence of these things and says you are wrong.

You are totally out of your league. All you have is snarkiness and to propel your ignorance.

I understand rjk withholding his "sauce," but why is he refusing to elaborate on what he knows?

This seems odd to me

Back