• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

I wouldnt get my hopes up about Manning being fired. Thats all i gotta say about that.

You have stated that Manning will be back in 15 of your last 25 posts. We get it. Most of the people on this board want Manning gone. You have stated the same opinion. Like you, many of the people on this board have quit financially supporting Wake Forest in full or athletically. If you have information you can share that would enhance the likelihood of Manning's departure, I would appreciate it if you would share that information in detail. If not, you might want to curb your hysteria. You have discontinued your financial support. You have discontinued attending all Wake Forest functions. You have expressed your opinion to those in authority. Short of anarchy, you have exhausted all active options for change. To this point in time, the powers that be at WFU don't care about you or us. It is that simple and that clear cut. Try to enjoy OGB for what it is, an opportunity to exchange opinions. No more, no less. Just an opinion.

We are all Wake fans that want our beloved Bball program back to where it used to be. We all have opinions and go about it in different ways. If the powers to be at Wake dont care about me or you then why should i spend my time and money on the product? Some people are ok with the Bball program where it is. I sure as heck aint. If Currie makes the change and fires Manning you better believe ill be there supporting our program 110%.

the math is always gonna be hard for the smallest school playing big conference sports

I concur with this statement. As long as no one gets between them and a reserved table at River Birch or Paul's after defeating the heels, life is fine and dandy!

And for those who think I'm being sarcastic, bigboy, the floor is yours.

River Birch and Paul's...those are just white hairs. If you have money you go to Fratellis and Ryan's.

How about Mark Turgeon? I think he fits Currie's hiring profile as well as anyone. Experienced power conference coach with quite a bit of success but not elite success and has a reason to want to move on.

How about Mark Turgeon? I think he fits Currie's hiring profile as well as anyone. Experienced power conference coach with quite a bit of success but not elite success and has a reason to want to move on.

Many Maryland fans would applaud. Apparently having his team competitive for first place in the B1G isn't enough.

If the contract is fully guaranteed, there's simply no way it is a justifiable economic decision not to let him go at the end of the season. The buyout is a sunk cost, and the incremental expense simply becomes whatever you would pay the next HC in terms of salary (Probably $1.8m -> $2.4m given where the market is now). Between an increase in ticket revenue and donations alone you can already make it worth it, unless the AD is truly living in fear of firing DM this spring due to the risk of big donors pulling out down the road.

If the contract is fully guaranteed, there's simply no way it is a justifiable economic decision not to let him go at the end of the season. The buyout is a sunk cost, and the incremental expense simply becomes whatever you would pay the next HC in terms of salary (Probably $1.8m -> $2.4m given where the market is now). Between an increase in ticket revenue and donations alone you can already make it worth it, unless the AD is truly living in fear of firing DM this spring due to the risk of big donors pulling out down the road.

exactly

Very true. As great as the win was last night, it still felt like a library for most of the game. Still not enough noise in the Joel that should have been going nonstop. We were beating our most hated rival by 20+ points. Granted UNC is awful this year, but you just got the feeling that yes, we love beating up on UNC. But people were afraid to get too excited and cheer too loudly because our fear is that DM will be back for another year. Getting one win against another last place team in the ACC doesn't turn the last 10-11 years around. I'm sorry. He needs to go. Building some momentum with some good players down the stretch this season is as good a ending as we could hope for when he is fired and we bring in a proven, energetic coach that can recruit and turn this dumpster fire around very quickly. If we put it off another year, or longer, God help us.

We will see in about five or six weeks if Currie math agrees with you or whether we get Curry* math.

I want to know where some of your are hanging out with the big donors where they are telling you about how they feel about Manning. I would love an invite to those parties.

I'm not nearly as invested as I was in the past. I can go digging a bit and get a better read on it but what I got yesterday aligned with bigboy8's assertion that the buyout can justify wrong thinking.

trust me, you wouldn't.

Yeah, I mean if you think would enjoy hanging out with old as dirt, rich as shit people who are stupid enough to think [Redacted], Manning, and Wellman were good at their jobs... you be you.

I will be drinking by myself.

This is a serious question, do any of you have trust in the powers to be to make the right call and fire Manning?

After last year's decision, our attendance is down -20% YoY which will likely be one of the biggest declines in the nation. The backlash of keeping Manning for one year would be absolutely devastating from a fundraising perspective. Literally just burning all bridges at that point.

This is a serious question, do any of you have trust in the powers to be to make the right call and fire Manning?

No way anyone can have confidence that those in charge will make smart decisions. The past 10 years we have seen truly abysmal decisions one after another.

We can hope that Currie will be different but after last year, nothing would surprise me.

Back