• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dave Clawson Credibility Watch

His "fastest growing brand in the ACC" comments are kind of embarrassing. Tons of ACC fan bases have used it as a running joke this season
Yes. That is an enormous reach. He cited that Wake has 2.7M fans. I about choked on my salad. He never detailed how he arrived at that number but I'd love to see the data backing that up.

Yes. That is an enormous reach. He cited that Wake has 2.7M fans. I about choked on my salad. He never detailed how he arrived at that number but I'd love to see the data backing that up.
Yeah he just kept saying they pulled some magical data out of the air and we have a bigger fan base than everyone else except Clemson and FSU. Like huh? I get you want to hype up Wake but that just looks dumb my man

Yeah he just kept saying they pulled some magical data out of the air and we have a bigger fan base than everyone else except Clemson and FSU. Like huh? I get you want to hype up Wake but that just looks dumb my man
1699905234225.png

A couple of things.

Yes, you asked those questions. Also, yes, I agree with Cam that berating (or even close) Clawson at some press conference is not going to get the results some seek. People get emotionally twisted about WFU sports because we have been tortured by it for decades. It's inevitable and comes with the territory.

Yes, I hate the subscription model you guys (I assume are forced to) use, and hope that approach to customer relations dies an agonizing death so it can be replaced with something from this century***. But that is not your doing, and I am grateful you guys cover WFU sports. I think you do a good job on the press conference questions (which is all I can see or hear).

Having said all of that, I cannot imagine starting a communication with my current and prospective customers with that sentence.

*** I wish you and Connor would team up, leave those shitty networks behind and do a Patreon thing. I have to believe there are people who'd pay more for good, targeted, cancellable content. MacMost is probably my favorite content provider (if you are an Apple person, it's a must-read), and he does it via Patreon.

Hey kids - Any questions on dealing with customers or setting up a business model?

No worries - Just pm Kent on ogboards.com and he will set you straight by providing this advice totally unsolicited and for FREE!!!

Y'all need to chill a bit. I feel confident we'll get an upgrade at QB in the portal. That will be a priority.

Hey kids - Any questions on dealing with customers or setting up a business model?

No worries - Just pm Kent on ogboards.com and he will set you straight by providing this advice totally unsolicited and for FREE!!!

Want some more of that free advice? Do as I say and not as I do in this instance, and ignore passive aggressive message board trolls.

There aren't hundreds (or even tens) of people covering WFU sports, so it's a tad self-defeating to shit all over the ones who do. So maybe a little effort on the edges might be a better plan than just snarking all over each other. This is recreation and fun (supposedly) for most of us. Les and Conor are trying to make a living. It would be cool if we could all, you know, just be cool to each other.

Want some more of that free advice? Do as I say and not as I do in this instance, and ignore passive aggressive message board trolls.

There aren't hundreds (or even tens) of people covering WFU sports, so it's a tad self-defeating to shit all over the ones who do. So maybe a little effort on the edges might be a better plan than just snarking all over each other. This is recreation and fun (supposedly) for most of us. Les and Conor are trying to make a living. It would be cool if we could all, you know, just be cool to each other.

Feel free to correct me if I have missed something, o wise one - But wasn't this entire kerfuffle started by a number of ogboards.com posters who specifically called out Les and questioned his objectivity and reporting?

For someone who makes a living based on his reporting, I thought Les' response to the anonymous posters who claim he's nothing but a puppet of the AD was tame.

Call me crazy but I don't think lecturing someone on the subscription based model of his employer or on how to acquire customers falls under the "just be cool to each other" umbrella.

Feel free to correct me if I have missed something, o wise one - But wasn't this entire kerfuffle started by a number of ogboards.com posters who specifically called out Les and questioned his objectivity and reporting?

For someone who makes a living based on his reporting, I thought Les' response to the anonymous posters who claim he's nothing but a puppet of the AD was tame.

Call me crazy but I don't think lecturing someone on the subscription based model of his employer or on how to acquire customers falls under the "just be cool to each other" umbrella.
I think Kent’s main gripe with the subscription model (not all, just 24/7 specifically) isn’t that you need a subscription (I believe he’s stated people should be paid for work), but that the model locks you into payments without a reasonable method/mode to cancel.

Back