• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon baseball

UNC is very good this yr & legit #1. We are bad. No suitable replacements for Lopez & Williamson from a 2012 team that struggled to score = a worse season than last.

Last edited:
I don't think Wake is bad, but they're probably slightly worse than last year and will most likely not be on the bubble.

Just to be clear (and in case it wasn't evident last year) Wake got totally fucked by not being included in the tournament last year.

The other day someone said we're off to our best start in a long time in baseball? This was in reference to all the money that's been spent on baseball recently.

The other day someone said we're off to our best start in a long time in baseball? This was in reference to all the money that's been spent on baseball recently.

Anyone mention facilities? I love facilities. Can I take a moment to talk about our facilities? Thank you. So our facilities....

620964.jpeg

Here's a link to the baseball facilities. Pretty sweet.
Another addition to the facility was the construction of a climate-controlled indoor hitting facility, which was finished in early 2010. The facility, which Wake Forest players have access to 24 hours a day, can accommodate up to 10 hitters swinging at one time and also includes a natural clay mound for pitchers to throw off of. The facility also features two state-of-the-art home plate programmable pitching machines.
http://www.wakeforestsports.com/facilities/wake-wfbp.html

We're an eminently mediocre 9-7. I don't think that's right.

Seems like a nice facility, especially compared to old Ernie Shore. Any of the more baseball savvy care to comment on where our facilities stack up with other ACC programs?

Wake's 9-3 start was the best since like 2004 IIRC. Definitely read something along the lines of that. We've lost four in a row since then (finale to NMSU, Charlote midweek, and first two games against #1 UNC)

Didn't we set a Wake record for consecutive wins last year? I assume that was the early part of the season.

Yeah but we started the year 1-4 so I guess that 4th loss was the one that prevented us from our best start. We won 15 in a row, lost 5 in a row, won 3 in a row and then lost 5 more in a row.

6-2 Tar Heel win today. We can not hit the ball and made a bad error from the pitcher today. Beautiful day for baseball at old Ernie Shore. It is a shame we could not put the first loss on the Tar Holes this weekend.

What do the players think of the field turf base lines and batters box?

Back