• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon

Unless I am missing something here, and maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion---how hard is it to just set up a video camera and livestream something on a website? I mean there are D2 and D3 schools doing this for their games and we can't even set up a video camera to not even move and just stream the game?

I don't get it unless there are restrictions with our media network that says we can't do it. I know it's just an exhibition game, but it's baffling to me that we can't manage something like this but other schools can.

Maybe Chaundee will be our center with the other four guards.

I think there is a correlation here. Danny is clearly hiding our secret weapon.

Unless I am missing something here, and maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion---how hard is it to just set up a video camera and livestream something on a website? I mean there are D2 and D3 schools doing this for their games and we can't even set up a video camera to not even move and just stream the game?

I don't get it unless there are restrictions with our media network that says we can't do it. I know it's just an exhibition game, but it's baffling to me that we can't manage something like this but other schools can.
It's been said already but WF does have in house cameras, they use them for some of the video board feeds and they're especially prevalent for when there isn't any media coverage (like tonight) or they want their own video for promo or other purposes. WF streamed a past game with said cameras. It makes no sense not to stream tonight's exhibition. Could have some capable students/local media do play by play or even just go with pure game sounds and PA announcements.

Re: Virginia.
FWIW, Perrantes graduated, signed a two way contract with Cleveland, and is now in the G league. Thompson, Shayok, and Reuter all transferred. Conventional wisdom says that they anticipated that their playing time was in jeopardy. Certainly, Reuter was about to be by-passed on the depth chart with Diakite and Huff looking to be the first front court players off the bench. It also appears as though the back court starters will be Guy, Jerome, and Hall. There is a lot of hype about DeAndre Hunter's potential, and there is some speculation that this was what led to Shayok's departure. It is also worth noting that the three transferring players were the only ones on the squad whose efficiency numbers were on the wrong side of '100'.

VT lost Ty Outlaw to injury and Seth LeDay and Khadim Sy to transfers. Chris Clarke was injured at the end of last year and reports are unclear on whether he will play this season. Kerry Blackshear (6'8'') sat out last year with an injury and is the only returning big with ACC experience. They also have a transfer (former walk-on to VT) from Belmont Abbey who is around 6'10''. In other words, Buzz may be playing 4 guards a lot. Devin Wilson sat out last year due to playing football and will likely take on the Seth Allen 6th man role. They have 2 top-100 freshman guards, one of who was ranked around #30. My take is that the Hokies will not live up to their preseason ranking, especially if Clarke is not healthy.

Wish I could see the actual images and moving pictures from the game, but I guess the radio and my imagination will have to do tonight.

Just hoping we play well enough that I can continue to have blind, irrational enthusiasm about the rest of the season.

Wish I could see the actual images and moving pictures from the game, but I guess the radio and my imagination will have to do tonight.

Just hoping we play well enough that I can continue to have blind, irrational enthusiasm about the rest of the season.

Is there even radio tonight? Agree with 27 that piss poor no live stream.

There is no radio either according to the official site. Guessing Stan is already in South Bend.

I mean just set a damn video camera up and stream it to the website. It requires maybe an hour of work total and you can get students to do it. I just don't get it at all.

I'm not asking for the best feed in the world, but literally any feed at all.

Body cameras would be p dope.

VT lost Ty Outlaw to injury and Seth LeDay and Khadim Sy to transfers. Chris Clarke was injured at the end of last year and reports are unclear on whether he will play this season. Kerry Blackshear (6'8'') sat out last year with an injury and is the only returning big with ACC experience. They also have a transfer (former walk-on to VT) from Belmont Abbey who is around 6'10''. In other words, Buzz may be playing 4 guards a lot. Devin Wilson sat out last year due to playing football and will likely take on the Seth Allen 6th man role. They have 2 top-100 freshman guards, one of who was ranked around #30. My take is that the Hokies will not live up to their preseason ranking, especially if Clarke is not healthy.

He schrunk 2 inches ??

The Royals enter this season ranked as the No. 2 team in the nation according to the NABC/Division II Preseason Rankings. It is the highest ranking in the program's history in the official coaches' poll.

In its Division I exhibition game last season Queens defeated Virginia Commonwealth University 75-73; a VCU team that finished 26-9 overall and later qualified for the NCAA Tournament as a 10-seed. The victory sparked a run in which the Royals began the regular season 16-0, the best start in program history, en route to completing the season with a 30-4 record, compiling the most wins in program history.

The 2016-2017 Royals took home the South Atlantic Conference regular season and tournament championships for the first time in the school's four-year tenure in the league and hosted the NCAA Division II Southeast Regional as the top-ranked team in the region. Queens won two tournament games and reached the Sweet 16 for the first time since 2003. During the regular season, Queens also reached its highest ranking in program history, peaking at No. 2 in the D2SIDA Media Poll and No. 3 in the NABC Coaches Poll. The Royals finished the year at No. 6 in the NABC rankings.

In 2017-2018 Queens returns four starters (Ike Agusi, Jalin Alexander, Mike Davis and Todd Withers), 10 letter winners and 75 percent of its scoring from last year's championship team.

I think we are going to lose tonight. Let's go with: 77-71.

If you see a jackass dressed up as the Deacon, that's me. I also need a spare ticket.

:dancindeac:

Last edited:
I think we are going to lose tonight. Let's go with: 77-71.

I think it will be closer than most people think, but Wake will win.

Cincy and Duke destroyed the No. 1 and No. 3 teams in D2. Duke beat NW Missouri State by 33 (went 35-1 last year), and Cincy beat Bellermine 89-61. Meanwhile, Stanford was tied at the half with Chico State, another top 10 team, but ultimately won 91-81.

Stanford is 61st nationally, while Wake is 57th so that is a similar matchup.

I don't think there is cause for concern if it's a single-digit game. Losing would be interesting, and obviously getting blown out would not be good.

If we take care of business by 15-20 I will feel good headed into 105th ranked Georgia Southern next Friday.

Since Jamie is now on campus for his OV, someone ask him to film the game and stream it to Periscope from behind the bench. Now that would be a huuuugge first assist as a Demon Deacon!!

I think it will be closer than most people think, but Wake will win.

Cincy and Duke destroyed the No. 1 and No. 3 teams in D2. Duke beat NW Missouri State by 33 (went 35-1 last year), and Cincy beat Bellermine 89-61. Meanwhile, Stanford was tied at the half with Chico State, another top 10 team, but ultimately won 91-81.

Stanford is 61st nationally, while Wake is 57th so that is a similar matchup.

I don't think there is cause for concern if it's a single-digit game. Losing would be interesting, and obviously getting blown out would not be good.

If we take care of business by 15-20 I will feel good headed into 105th ranked Georgia Southern next Friday.

Good stuff. FWIW, I don't want us to lose... Just trying to keep my expectations grounded.

Back