• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacons in the NFL

Camp with the key play of the game with the 15 yard punt return.

Glad to see one of our Deacs cone up Huge!

Looks like Tommy Bohanon had a receiving TD for the Jags today. Pretty sweet.

Lots of chatter around Camp potentially seeing an increased offensive workload because of the Woodhead injury.

Yeah, the over/under on time in the regular offense before he is on IR has got to be a quarter at best.

There was a Wake Forest shoutout on Pardon My Take this morning - context was about Rex Ryan only coaching shitty QBs and the comment was "yeah if Rex was coaching he'd be looking for some terrible ACC QB to start for his team....he'd be like 'isn't there some crappy Wake Forest QB I could start this week against the Dolphins?'"

Made me laugh

We've got two. He can borrow one.

Marquel Lee started and had two tackles in the Raiders season opening win at TN.

The Raiders must have a lot of confidence in Lee as he has the "green dot" and communicates the defensive play calls for the Silver and Black.

According to this blog: https://justblogbaby.com/2017/09/13/oakland-raiders-5-players-watch-vs-new-york-jets/ Lee played well last week.

Here is an excerpt:
Rookie inside linebacker Marquel Lee played well in his first game as a professional. While he only had two tackles, it didn’t look like his head was swimming against Tennessee’s Exotic Smash Mouth offense. It did help that the defensive tackles played very well to help him out in his debut for the Silver and Black.

Lee wears the green dot on this Raiders defense at middle linebacker. The quicker he adjusts to the speed and competitiveness of the NFL, the better. While he did play in a tough ACC Atlantic division in college, this is still the NFL and it will take some time for the game to slow down for him.

What makes him such an intriguing watch against the Jets is that New York isn’t as skilled between the tackles offensively as the Titans. Bilal Powell is a decent running back, but not on par with what the Titans have in Derrick Henry and DeMarco Murray.

Special player.

Marquel Lee started and had two tackles in the Raiders season opening win at TN.

The Raiders must have a lot of confidence in Lee as he has the "green dot" and communicates the defensive play calls for the Silver and Black.

According to this blog: https://justblogbaby.com/2017/09/13/oakland-raiders-5-players-watch-vs-new-york-jets/ Lee played well last week.

Here is an excerpt:
Rookie inside linebacker Marquel Lee played well in his first game as a professional. While he only had two tackles, it didn’t look like his head was swimming against Tennessee’s Exotic Smash Mouth offense. It did help that the defensive tackles played very well to help him out in his debut for the Silver and Black.

Lee wears the green dot on this Raiders defense at middle linebacker. The quicker he adjusts to the speed and competitiveness of the NFL, the better. While he did play in a tough ACC Atlantic division in college, this is still the NFL and it will take some time for the game to slow down for him.

What makes him such an intriguing watch against the Jets is that New York isn’t as skilled between the tackles offensively as the Titans. Bilal Powell is a decent running back, but not on par with what the Titans have in Derrick Henry and DeMarco Murray.

Special player.

Lee only played 21 snaps (33% of Defensive Snaps) Sunday.

The guys he's competing with are Tyrell Adams and Cory James.

Cory James played 60 Snaps (94%)
Tyrell Adams played 41 snaps (64%)

So it seems like James has the WLB locked down. Lee is rotating with Tyrell Adams, probably on passing downs/situations, or only playing against 2 tight end alignments, etc.

I know the Raiders like him a bit, but sounds like he needs to work on part of his game to be a 3 down linebacker, my guess is coverage.

To be expected for a late round rookie.

Not an NFL related unfortunately, but I read this from Nikita Whitlock's wikipedia page last week:
On August 10, 2017, Whitlock was signed to the practice roster of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League (CFL) as a defensive tackle.[34] He was promoted to the active roster on August 16, 2017

I was very suprised to see Bohanon get the TD last week. I thought his career highlight was going to be a spot in the Amy Schumer skit.

Good to see Nikita back on any field after getting expelled for PEDs.

Here is an excerpt:

Special player.

I read an article that said another LB (James?) was wearing the green dot since Lee is a rookie. Seems odd he would wear it if he only played 33% of snaps.

I read an article that said another LB (James?) was wearing the green dot since Lee is a rookie. Seems odd he would wear it if he only played 33% of snaps.

I'm guessing he wore it when he was in the game.

2i95sms.jpg

James had the green dot. Not sure Lee had one ever, seems weird for him to switch helmets for 3-5 snaps.

Back