• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dean Smith has died

VaDeac

Reaction score
At 83.
Alzheimer's sucks.
RIP.

Someone can delete this - I don't know how.

Last edited:
Dean Smith has passed

According to multiple news outlets on Twitter

RIP, one of the greats.

Hated the guy on the court, but off the court he was a good guy and progressive for his day. I wouldn't say the same thing about Coach Relationships.

He suffered greatly in recent years. Thankfully for he and his family, his suffering is now over. Love him or hate him, he changed many facets of college basketball, making it what it is today.

He suffered greatly in recent years. Thankfully for he and his family, his suffering is now over. Love him or hate him, he changed many facets of college basketball, making it what it is today.

I agree with all of this. The past few years have been really rough on the family.

How old is K?

The shot clock and coaching box were rule changes to combat Deano.

Man of courage - stood up against racism when it would have been much, much easier to just go with the flow. RIP.

I've always despised UNC in a "fun" way, but was saddened to hear this. He was a true great. :(

Back