• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Depth Chart Question

DeacsOrDie

Reaction score
I know weekly on Tuesdays they post on the official website "game notes" and within those game notes is the depth chart. However, last week on Thursday they "refreshed" the depth chart (i.e. Taking Bud/Terrence Davis out of the 2 deep and adding M. James and James Ward).

The question is, do they do that every thursday/friday where they refresh the depth chart based on injuries/practice performance etc?

I know weekly on Tuesdays they post on the official website "game notes" and within those game notes is the depth chart. However, last week on Thursday they "refreshed" the depth chart (i.e. Taking Bud/Terrence Davis out of the 2 deep and adding M. James and James Ward).

The question is, do they do that every thursday/friday where they refresh the depth chart based on injuries/practice performance etc?

Yes, I think they usually do it on Fridays.

Heard that Barnes may get a start at center. Wonder if the line will see other changes?

Barnes wouldn't start at center. He would start over Bolling who is dinged up. Ford would slide over and Barnes comes in for Bolling.

Am I missing something? Is Garrick hurt? Get out played? Or moving him to a different position?

Haven't heard anything about him being hurt, hopefully it is to move him to another position.

Barnes wouldn't start at center. He would start over Bolling who is dinged up. Ford would slide over and Barnes comes in for Bolling.

This is most likely. Also look to see more Erhmann this week. He was very solid last week and will continue to get several snaps regardless of the depth chart postings.

"The news from the field was that Devin Bolling, the junior who made his first start against Liberty at left tackle, was sidelined with a strained tendon in his patella, or kneecap as we called it back in Franklin, N.C.. It appears to be a day-to-day issue, but if Bolling can’t answer the bell then Coach Jim Grobe said that junior Whit Barnes will likely start at left guard, bumping sophomore Antonio Ford to left tackle. The line was patchwork the day Jonathan Himebauch arrived in the spring as the new offensive line coach, and remains so today."

http://www.journalnow.net/index.php/mytakeonwake/entry/hanging-out-with-the-whitlocks/

Changes have been made to today's depth chart. James out, Terry in. Hazime is starting DE. Godspower is back up DT. Ehrman jumped ziggy at outside. Ford moved to T, Barnes at Guard

Thanks. Ward makes his debut in the depth chart after burning his shirt last week. I guess Thompson and Bolling are out. Was hoping to see T Davis in there, but maybe next week. We'll see if Hayworth burns his shirt this week.

Thanks. Ward makes his debut in the depth chart after burning his shirt last week. I guess Thompson and Bolling are out. Was hoping to see T Davis in there, but maybe next week. We'll see if Hayworth burns his shirt this week.

Ward was on the two deep last week at this time.

Unfortunate for Thompson, he is/was in for a solid season

Oh yeah, Floyd on two deep because of Thompson injury

And AJ starting, pushing Lowe to back up Mack

The CB's last week on the 2 deep were because Noel was out: Okoro, Johnson, Ramsey, Ward

This week it looks like Ward did in fact jump Ramsey but they were both on it last week

I didn't know who James Ward was before looking this up. He blew his shirt last week? Playing special teams or did he play corner some?

I didn't know who James Ward was before looking this up. He blew his shirt last week? Playing special teams or did he play corner some?

Im pretty sure it was both. I remember seeing him in as a nickelback/dime package. I believe he totaled one tackle and that was while on defense.

Back