• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Derrick Gordon, UMASS guard, comes out as gay

There's been an amazing amount of progress over the last year or so.

It's been a pretty big 12 months.

Not as big news as Michael Sam which wasn't as big of news as Jason Collins, but still big news nonetheless.

I'd say this is newsworthy. Openly gay athlete playing at a high level. In 10 years it may not be news, and that'll be good.

I think we've reached the point where if an athlete is outed by an outside party, he wouldn't be shamed for it. Within a few years, men's sports will be where women's sports have been for a long time.

I'd say this is newsworthy. Openly gay athlete playing at a high level. In 10 years it may not be news, and that'll be good.

In a way, it's "noteworthy" but IMO, it's just another person coming out. AFAIC, it's just not bighugeomgnews. Like I said, though- glad to see it. Next step is to get the idiotic spectulations and rumor-mongering about who is or isn't gay. The juvenile obsession with sexuality is sad.

In a way, it's "noteworthy" but IMO, it's just another person coming out. AFAIC, it's just not bighugeomgnews. Like I said, though- glad to see it. Next step is to get the idiotic spectulations and rumor-mongering about who is or isn't gay. The juvenile obsession with sexuality is sad.

I'm glad the conversation now is about whether or not it's worthy of news, instead of "OMG what about locker rooms and butts and naked dudes"

Good luck to this kid, he sounds a whole lot happier now that he is out.

Have the usual ex-Wake athletes started to make fools of themselves on Twitter yet?

Back