• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Desmond Clark Faces Misdemeanor Charges (Race-related)

Actually, I don't think that the charges the school is bringing against the parents have anything to do with whatever the son originally did. The charges that the school has brought are against the actions of the parents, not the son.

Then, why does it matter what the son did or didn't do?

From what I'm gathering so far the parents are saying their son was treated poorly as justification for their actions. The school is saying the son deserved to be treated a certain way based upon his own actions. If that's the case, it's incumbent upon the school to detail what the son did to justify their actions against him.

The details of everything that occurred are clearly vague, at best. But, given that it's the school punishing the son and bringing charges against the parents... They should be the ones justifying their actions. Not the accused.

WTF are you talking about? I'm not blaming anybody for anything. How the hell can anyone even have an informed opinion on the whole situation when nobody is even willing to tell the entire story about what happened? Nobody on this board knows exactly what happened, yet they are quickly forming all kinds of opinions about it.

I'm not forming any kind of opinion because I don't give a shit.

Dez assaulted my dignity on the basketball court on multiple occasions.

The Clarks don't necessarily have to defend anything if the state can't prove their case. Burden isn't really on the defense here BKF but I suspect you know that.

I'm guessing that neither party is really thinking about a messageboard's ability to form an unnecessary and irrelevant opinion on the situation.

Just a hunch.

Old white guys are just always angry as fuck about this stuff for no reason at all. In this case the narrative is personal responsibility because their favorite whipping boy the two parent household parental involvement can't be used.

BKF always sides with authority, no matter how arbitrary. When he saw those black people getting blasted with water hoses in Birmingham, he probably thought "well, what crime did these people commit to deserve getting blasted by a water hose?"

Young, progessive BKF would have put have swallowed a bullet if he knew how bigoted and close-minded old BKF would become

I'm guessing young bkf wouldn't have ever anticipated how easy the internet would make it to troll.

From the article PH posted:

"The breaking point followed a rally for the Blackhawks Stanley Cup championship. Clark says his son and other students drank beer there, violating the school’s code of conduct. As a result, Clark’s son was denied a chance to perform at a lip-synch contest. His son protested the decision and a school administrator allegedly said, “If he wants to act like a criminal, he can get out.”

-So for whatever reason, the school held a rally for the Stanley Cup?

-At any rate Lil Dez and presumably others were caught drinking there.

-The school thought it was such a grave transgression they banned him from a lip synch contest. No details of any other punishment.

-Lil Dez questions the decision not to be able to exercise his god given right to lip synch in front of his peers.

-In response to Lil Dez's protest, a school administrator, presumably an adult, publicly rebukes him, and calls him a criminal, and tells him to get out.

In light of the apparent history, I would say that the school has some 'splainin to do. Kids are kids. They are going to F up, and they aren't going to act great 100% of the time. Adult are adults though, and especially adults that are paid to be high school administrators, should be mature enough to rise above nonsense like this. If you have to call the police because you are still butthurt a day after a parent disagreed with your punishment of a child, then you need to get a new job, and probably a new life.

The events described by Clark seem to suggest a chain of conduct by the school that is somewhat disturbing and I wouldnt be surprised if there is litigation involved.

BKF/ someone underage who drinks is breaking the law and is technically a criminal /BKF

I imagine that a lot of the problem in this case is how the Clarks felt about the punishment the kids casting racist slurs received versus the punishment their son received for the drinking. And then to have an administrator call him a criminal and suggest that he leave added insult to injury.

Back