• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Desolation of Smaug

jesus H christ they're shoehorning in a whole thing for Legolas to do now?

jesus H christ they're shoehorning in a whole thing for Legolas to do now?
Yeah, not really digging him being in this one (and presumably the third). Seems there is enough story without throwing him in, but I guess it's to get women to go see the movie.

They will have to do a lot to win me back after the silly mess that is the first movie. I REALLY wanted to like it. I REALLY wanted to dismiss what everyone else had said about it, and then I watched it.

The first one had absolutely no business being as long as it was. I can't fathom how they will get two more lengthy movies out of this either. Hopefully Smaug will be OK, but at this point, that's essentially like saying "At least Darth Maul was pretty cool in the Phantom Menace."

The first one was kind of a letdown. This trailer isn't making me feel better about part 2.

Unlike the LOTR movies with their necessary extended cuts, I'm kind of hoping that after the 3 Hobbit movies are out, they'll release a special consolidated edition that covers the book and only the book portions in the 3 or 3 1/2 hours that are necessary.

A boy can still dream, can't he?

The first one was kind of a letdown. This trailer isn't making me feel better about part 2.

I disagree, I thought the first 20 minutes were horrifying and stupid but after that it turned out to be a cool film.

I mean, PJ turning the Hobbit into 3 movies is ridiculous but I enjoyed it. Came in w/ low expectations though.

article-2341231-1A4E3B51000005DC-540_634x405.jpg

Why? Why do people willingly do this shit? Such a waste of otherwise useful mouths and tits.

Back