• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DG

Of course not, but you don't get where he got without putting a ton of blood, sweat, and tears into the game of basketball. He was a teenager with lofty, certainly unrealistic goals, and he never even really got a chance to try to realize them. I've never played college sports, but I've been around them enough to safely assume his experience has been pretty isolating. It's not like he asked to be an excuse or have excuses made for him. He kept his head down, worked his butt off, and just couldn't get off the mat. He should be proud of the degree he will earn, but don't think for a second that's completely satisfying. No one is using DG as an excuse now, so let's move on to another meme.

We have a poster who called out a recruit (and current player) on a public message board (and like 12 who have since openly wished him to transfer), a current player almost universally referred to as "Ovaltine" (and that is one of the nicer things said about him), a thread devoted to shitting on our starting point guard, and a handful of posters who can't help continuing to shit on players who transferred out of the program, and you're worried about Daniel Green?

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Self-righteous Saturday indeed.

Meh, fair enough, the Rondale meme here has become much more about RJ than Watson fwiw.

It would be nice to see a little less criticism of the students who play for our sports teams. Except for Madison Jones. Holy shit is he bad.

I didn't know Ovaltine was deragatory... Thought it was just a play on his name.

A guy named Overton doesn't need a nickname to make fun of his weight.

Overton might need some Preparation H if he rides much more pine. Been there, done that. The end of the bench is uncomfortable .

Overton might need some Preparation H if he rides much more pine. Been there, done that. The end of the bench is uncomfortable .

So you are an old guy who is one of the best lawyers ever in NC and have played basketball?

Who are you World's Most Interesting Man?

He's going to walk out of here with a degree. He can hold his head high. It's not his fault that [Redacted] used his injuries as an excuse for his own failures.

I never heard Bzdelic use that as an excuse. Green got hurt in the exhibition which I think was his second time. One of those deals we have had just like Cam Stan, Skeen, Randolph, Frank Johnson and others. Sometimes they can come back & sometimes they can't. Randolph & Frank came back extraordinarily well!

Daniel Green, a 6-10 senior who has missed the past two seasons while recovering from knee surgeries, has been cleared to practice. Manning cautioned that it might be some time before Green is ready to make a contribution.

“He’s practicing, but he hasn’t played in two years,” Manning said.

Good for Danny. For his sake I hope he plays some minutes once January rolls around.

Daniel Green, a 6-10 senior who has missed the past two seasons while recovering from knee surgeries, has been cleared to practice. Manning cautioned that it might be some time before Green is ready to make a contribution.

“He’s practicing, but he hasn’t played in two years,” Manning said.

Good for Danny. For his sake I hope he plays some minutes once January rolls around.

Good to hear.

Back