• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Discouraging Recruits

Some people have something going on now that's way beyond Wake basketball.

Nope. Just throwing an idea out there.

RW is looking to burn the program down, why not call his bluff and help him do it? He'll be the one left jobless in the end.

It's not like we aren't going to have to rebuild when he's completely destroyed Wake basketball in a couple more years.

There's no rebuilding if we get the reputation of being the craziest assed fanbase in the nation.

There's no rebuilding if we get the reputation of being the craziest assed fanbase in the nation.

Like we are the first fanbase calling for the head of a abject failure of a coach. I think the AAU kids will be okay with a change in management.

will_smith_uh_gif.gif

Okay. I thought you were saying the whole BzzOut movement makes Wake look bad. What was your point?

That contacting high school recruits to discourage them is a special kind of crazy that won't wash off with a coaching change.

That contacting high school recruits to discourage them is a special kind of crazy that won't wash off with a coaching change.

I never meant that we should contact recruits directly. That's creepy. I meant to discourage them on these public forums, or in other general ways.

If you're under the impression that I want to keep Bz, then you're very mistaken.

If you think going after our recruiting is going to hasten Bz out the door then you're wrong and damaging WF for no good reason. We have one good recruit, one mediocre recruit and a recruit with blown knee committed to the program. Obviously, the level of recruits Bz is bringing in is not factoring into Wellman's decision making process.

the difference is crappy players w/ crappy coach vs good players w/ crappy coach.

It's the difference between bad and mediocre. Neither should be an acceptable destination for Wake basketball.

PDr8VjR.gif

man this .gif sure is appropriate these days.

Ron's used his nuclear option and kept a shit coach. What is our nuclear option? Just how desperate are you to rid MSD of Bzz?

You want to ruin the lives of innocent players to not get what you want. Aren't you the coolest guy on the internet?

Back