• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do You Actively Pull Against Wake Forest Basketball?

Do You Pull Against Wake Basketball?

• Yes, when Wake plays ranked teams I pull against Wake/[Redacted]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I loved the win over Miami last year, mainly for CJ. But it was bittersweet with Bz at the head of the bench. I do have to admit that much. We've had this guy crammed down our throat since his arrival.

I'd love it if the Deacs stunned Kansas. But Bz has taken the joy out of the prospect.

Dan's new straw man will be that this board not only harbors Wake haters but that over 70% of the board are either liars or are in denial and need to talk to somebody.

I won't pull against Wake though I can understand the thinking of those that do. However, I find myself making less and I less of an effort to watch Wake play on tv or in person. I have been a fan for over 40 years and Bz-ball has taken a. Toll on v me.

I voted that I don't watch and want Wake to lose, though if we were actually on TV and I had time, I suppose if watch and root for us.

Pull for the Deacs to win in individual games, but I'm not upset at all when we lose. Each loss gets us closer to Buzz being fired (or it should).

The AD spins every loss into a positive; I can do the same thing.

"I do not care at all about Wake basketball (don't pull for or against)"

Which isn't really accurate. I obviously care a great deal about Wake Forest basketball, I just don't care about the outcomes of individual games at this point.

Poll choices suck.

Yes, I always want the opponent to win if Bzz is coach
Yes, when Wake plays ranked teams I pull against Wake/[Redacted]
No, I always pull for Wake basketball to win
I don't watch the games but want Wake to win
I don't watch the games but want Wake to lose
I do not care at all about Wake basketball (don't pull for or against)

WTF does watching the games have to do with whether or not you pull for Wake? And if you don't care at all about WF basketball, why would you open this thread in the first place? And why would that even be a choice when the question pre-supposes caring about the games?

Try just "yes/no" and leave the conditional explanations for posts. And my $.02 is that I don't give a fuck who we're playing or who's coaching- I always pull for Wake. I will not put an opponent or university employee ([Redacted] in this case) over my alma mater's team. The students, alumni, and fans are Wake. Nothing is greater than that.

I enjoy winning but understand that long-term it is in the best interest for the program to fail. I'll never be mad if we beat a good team but I go into every game with an equally-talented opponent expecting (not hoping, just expecting) to lose.

Thats how I feel when I actually watch the games. I just don't care as much as I used to... Primarily because lately TPTB have proven they haven't put a premium on winning championships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well for those of you who can't do basic math the vote count is now is 96-14 in favor of those who want Wake to win when they play. 9 people don't care.

I put the don't care option because there were undoubtedly going to be people come in and say "OMG NONE OF THESE CHOICES FIT ME I DON'T CARE ABOUT WAKE AT ALL1111 EVEN THOUGH I'M POSTING ON THE BOARDS ABOUT IT."

And to your point 91Deac, I agree, but 9 people have opened this thread solely to tell the world that they don't care:

beedeacfans, Corgasm, DL Deac, Greenwave Deacon, IslandDeac, Kent, RChildress107, siler, TBR

TBR explained his vote as not caring about individual games.

Midol? BTW- I'm 94Deac. Take it easy, broseph. It's T'sgiving. Eat, drink, and be merry.

Pull for the Deacs to win in individual games, but I'm not upset at all when we lose. Each loss gets us closer to Buzz being fired (or it should).

The AD spins every loss into a positive; I can do the same thing.

Brews, this represents my view.

16/123 fans want Wake to lose.

Disco Dan, JP Mundy, BSD crew - Y'all should quit wasting words on 13% of our fanbase...

"Better fans" - ditch the straw man.

Happy Thanksgiving, board.

ETA: 13% of our fanbase on here. Assuming that the rest of the fanbase is more moderate, which seems to be the case, I can imagine that somewhere south of 1% of our fanbase actually cheers for our team to lose. I know it makes for above average copy, but get over it, dudes.

Last edited:
16/123 fans want Wake to lose.

Disco Dan, JP Mundy, BSD crew - Y'all should quit wasting words on 13% of our fanbase...

"Better fans" - ditch the straw man.

Happy Thanksgiving, board.

ETA: 13% of our fanbase on here. Assuming that the rest of the fanbase is more moderate, which seems to be the case, I can imagine that somewhere south of 1% of our fanbase actually cheers for our team to lose. I know it makes for above average copy, but get over it, dudes.

I don't really know that anybody has ever said anything in an article about fans who are pulling for Wake to lose on BSD. Obviously Dan did, but it just goes to show you that Dan isn't very far off from the general Wake fan base in his opinions. If less than 1% of Wake fans cheer for Wake to lose, then why was his last article lambasted for criticizing those fans?

Back