• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does Putin have something on Trump? (Answer: YES)

What are the chances that there is a benign explanation for the dozens of Russia contacts? Like how can it be that all these major figures in Trump's orbit just happen to be connected to Russia? Surely the same wasn't true for Obama and GWB right?

(these are serious questions)

Mega-thread! You'll have to click the Tweet to see the whole thing.

Abramson has posted 3 of these now. All are terrifyingly fascinating reads. He's putting the pieces together.

What are the chances that there is a benign explanation for the dozens of Russia contacts? Like how can it be that all these major figures in Trump's orbit just happen to be connected to Russia? Surely the same wasn't true for Obama and GWB right?

(these are serious questions)

It depends on your assessment of benign vs malignant. It seems possible that these meetings are not necessarily about undermining our democracy or manipulating the election but they could be about very rich men figuring out ways to get richer off the Trump Presidency. It's degrees of illegality though.

The Trump administration sought to block former acting attorney general Sally Yates from testifying to Congress in the House investigation of links between Russian officials and Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, The Washington Post has learned, a position that is likely to further anger Democrats who have accused Republicans of trying to damage the inquiry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...b73e18-13b4-11e7-9e4f-09aa75d3ec57_story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Trump tries to keep Yates from testifying, basically claiming attorney-client privilege despite the fact Trump officials are all over the news describing their version of their conversations with Yates (thus waiving attorney-client privilege for you non-lawyer types), then when Yates says she's testifying anyway, Nunes cancels the hearing. Nice. I wonder why they don't want Yates to give public testimony?

i love the tiny global insert map

in case twitter users were unsure of where russia is

i love the tiny global insert map

in case twitter users were unsure of where russia is

debatewink.jpg

NBC just broke a story that Manafort had 15 bank accounts in Cyprus that are being investigated for money laundering. Oooooopops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ehh this is a bit of a false equivalency. The author even admits that it's likely nothing at the very end.

What's driving the hysteria is the sheer amount of stories and connections that have come out. Not to mention the FBI has come out and said him and his campaign staff are under investigation. That's why this Podesta thing is a non story and every little thing that comes out about trump is huge. Plus it took over 12 fucking months for the media and people to pay attention to Trumps Russian connections. He had enough of a free pass from the media in order to get elected. It's now time for answers.

Back