• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does Trump Have A Lawyer?

BirdinBama

Reaction score
This is from my perspective as a criminal defense lawyer over the last 38 years. In watching the Trumpster's interview with Lester Holt last night, I was struck by his confessing to obstruction of justice. I have practiced extensively in state and federal courts, and I have seen people prosecuted under the federal obstruction statute on far less that Trump admitted in the interview! See 18 U.S.C. 1512.

Does he listen to any lawyerly advice at all?

This is from my perspective as a criminal defense lawyer over the last 38 years. In watching the Trumpster's interview with Lester Holt last night, I was struck by his confessing to obstruction of justice. I have practiced extensively in state and federal courts, and I have seen people prosecuted under the federal obstruction statute on far less that Trump admitted in the interview! See 18 U.S.C. 1512.

Does he listen to any lawyerly advice at all?

Short answer: No

Long answer: No.

It doesn't seem to matter what he does as long as the congressional republicans shield him.

It doesn't seem to matter what he does as long as the congressional republicans shield him.

Right. Our government is too partisan for checks and balances to work when Republicans are in charge.

Trump has the best lawyers, from the best schools, with all the nice ones and great staffs.

"Social media users hit back at the lawyers' claim in the report, saying that adding the phrase "with a few exceptions" negated the original statement. "With few exceptions" became the top trend on Twitter in the U.S. and the No. 3 trend in the world within an hour of the report being published. "

Tweet from Trump's personal lawyer. Yeah, kind of creepy.

Back