• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

does wellman owe the fanbase/university an apology for his [Redacted] boner?

Yes. Definitely. I'll be happy if Bz is let go, but I don't want it to be "he cleaned up the culture and served us well and now it is time for him to move on" then give him credit if our next coach pulls a Boyle.

Yes. Definitely. I'll be happy if Bz is let go, but I don't want it to be "he cleaned up the culture and served us well and now it is time for him to move on" then give him credit if our next coach pulls a Boyle.

Yeah, but you know that's exactly what will happen. If Ron does pull the plug he give us the cleaned up the culture spill for sure. I don't care how Ronnie boy spins it, as long as he gets rid of Bzzz.

This is kind of ironic coming from someone who posted this:

Our fans appreciate getting their asses kissed more than winning.

I don't give a shit if he apologizes - just get the man out of here.

You would rather he keep Bzz than give you the "thanks for all he did" line? Because you realize, it is pretty much one or the other, right?

An apology would be the act of firing Bzz before Sunday IMHO

I stated previously, it would make an interesting read from an investigative reporter if there was anyway to get a truthful timeline of events that led to this hiring with interviews and rationales for the events and process.
I would think that would be mea culpa enough.

This is kind of ironic coming from someone who posted this:

You would rather he keep Bzz than give you the "thanks for all he did" line? Because you realize, it is pretty much one or the other, right?

I don't think either of you actually read my post. First, it's not ironic. It's consistent. Winning > platitudes. Second, I said I'd be happy if Bz was gone, but that's not what I'd prefer Wellman do.

Ron Wellman can't swallow his pride and admit his bad hire, so this will never happen in a million years. Just kick Buzz to the curb and move on. Don't spoon feed us more crap about culture change and setting our program on the right footing because that's total garbage. Any objective observer could see that our program is way worse off than it was when Dino was fired. He has already lost the support of the vast majority of the fanbase with the ridiculous decision making and flat out awful coaching hire. It will take us years to rebuild the disaster Buzz and Wellman have left us when you consider all of the transfers and Buzz's inability to recruit size and ball handlers.

Ron Wellman can't swallow his pride and admit his bad hire, so this will never happen in a million years. Just kick Buzz to the curb and move on. Don't spoon feed us more crap about culture change and setting our program on the right footing because that's total garbage. Any objective observer could see that our program is way worse off than it was when Dino was fired. He has already lost the support of the vast majority of the fanbase with the ridiculous decision making and flat out awful coaching hire. It will take us years to rebuild the disaster Buzz and Wellman have left us when you consider all of the transfers and Buzz's inability to recruit size and ball handlers.

I mean, it's not like I disagree that Ron Wellman has shown himself to be very arrogant. But has it EVER happened where an AD fired an incompetent coach, and at the press conference said "I made a mistake. He was a crappy coach. I'm sorry, I'll do better next time."

I mean, it's not like I disagree that Ron Wellman has shown himself to be very arrogant. But has it EVER happened where an AD fired an incompetent coach, and at the press conference said "I made a mistake. He was a crappy coach. I'm sorry, I'll do better next time."

Has there ever been a worse higher in the history of division 1 basketball?

Is this not the worst hire ever?

Has there ever been a worse higher in the history of division 1 basketball?

Is this not the worst hire ever?

Dave Bliss might've been worse. Only one that comes to mind.

Still doesn't mean an AD is all of a sudden going to throw professionalism out the window and say "yeah, this guy sucked"

Buzz is not going anywhere... he won 2 games against "top" teams... more than enough for Wellman, caught up in his own egotism and favoritism, to justify to himself keeping him around... to himself!

Of course he's not going to do that. But he could fire him immediately after the ACC Tournament game, not do the culture platitudes, and say that the last three years were a disappointment and we can do better, and not try to credit Bz with any improvement down the road.

Back