• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Driving in San Fransisco

Buddy sent that to me this morning. Absolutely sick video.

Holy shit.

On the subject of SF and driving, this ranks up there as well:

"I'm only borrowing your Humvee."

I was wondering that too. no idea. my guess is they must have filmed in bits and pieces over a long time

How do they shut down so many parts of the city to make this video? How much would that cost?

watching the video, they show the same move from a ton of angles. for instance that first drift coming off the bridge looks really, really long but if you look closely its just the same drift shown twice from different angles. it may not be as much of the city that would have to be closed as it first seems. plus if its certain parts of downtown on a saturday morning, there is problem nothing going on anyway (if downtown SF is anything like downtown NY)

One comment said that it was filmed over president's day weekend when the bridge was shut down and it was really early in the AM so there was less traffic. I assume their insurance made sure there was no spectators.

All I can say is WHAT THE F*** WAS TRAVIS PASTRANA THINKING??????????

orchestrated stunt not withstanding!

that was awesome. love the fist pump from Pastrana

Ken Block is the man. i wonder how many takes some of those took?

Here's a hint for driving or walking in SF. Don't trust directions from anyone who lives there. You will get lost.

Here's a better tip: watch out for the crazy entitled bicyclists.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/16/us/san-francisco-cyclist-charged-with-manslaughter.html

Crossing a busy intersection when a traffic light turned red, Mr. Bucchere struck Sutchi Hui, 71, as he and his wife crossed the street. Both men tumbled some 20 feet along the street. Mr. Hui died of his injuries several days later.

News of the crash spread rapidly after people began sharing an online post on a cycling Web site that police officials believe Mr. Bucchere wrote. In the post, the writer describes the moments before the collision, saying he was “too committed” to stop at the light. “I laid it down and just plowed through the crowded crosswalk in the least-populated place I could find,” the post read. The entry goes on to detail the “river of blood on the asphalt” coming from Mr. Hui.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/06/chris-bucchere-san-francisco_n_1408706.html

Dedicating the post to his now-broken helmet, he wrote, "may she die knowing that because she committed the ultimate sacrifice, her rider and live and ride on. Can I get an amen? Amen."

Last edited:
Back