• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke - 12:30 kickoff

No big surprise there. I think those "in the know" thought that was the most likely start time.

I'm just glad it's on TV.

So our game against Duke is on regular TV while the VT game was not.

You guys should score at least 40 on them. I will definitely bet the over. May be more wake fans there.

I heard that one of their "V" receivers (Vernon? Varner?) Left yesterday's game with a hamstring issue. If he was a Deacon, he'd clearly be unavailable next Saturday, but I would expect him to play. Beating us is as important to them now as beating Carolina. (It is hard to retain a smug sense of superiority whe you're on a 10 game losing streak.)

I heard that one of their "V" receivers (Vernon? Varner?) Left yesterday's game with a hamstring issue. If he was a Deacon, he'd clearly be unavailable next Saturday, but I would expect him to play. Beating us is as important to them now as beating Carolina. (It is hard to retain a smug sense of superiority whe you're on a 10 game losing streak.)

Yeah, they want to beat us in the worst way, so I expect we get their best shot. Of course that's been the case for several years now and they haven't done it yet, but eventually they'll get us. Hope it's not this coming Saturday.

Conner Vernon...........Wake recruited him. He's turned out to be very good. One of the leading recievers in the ACC behind Givens. If he can't play, it will be a blow to Duke.

Well, we know Bud can lock one of them down. I'll officially be worried about the other one.

Also, our linebackers need to be ready to play in pass coverage. If memory serves, Duke has thrown to their tight ends a ton against us since Cutcliffe has been there.

Every year I get worried about this game because is bound to beat us at some point. Hope we can delay it at least one more year.

Every year I get worried about this game because is bound to beat us at some point. Hope we can delay it at least one more year.

Agreed. During the summer I began feeling that this was the year :( Please prove me wrong fellas.

Scariest game on the schedule for me. Hope the Staff has the fellas focused like freakin' laser beams for this one.

Back