• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke Message Board Hot Takes

buckets

#1 Bald Hero
Reaction score
Some of these are great.... it's crazy that these dook fans don't seem to remember that we owned them 12 times in a row not that long ago:

From their prediction thread

If we only beat Wake by 7 it's going to be a L O N G year

wake forest scored 7 points at home against tulane. beating wake forest is a matter of lifestyle at this point.

From their game thread

Dominated by a dude named Cade. Lol

I'm done! No excuse to lose to wake! No excuse!!!

Maybe Sears is a reach but the 1-11 is not. Name one team Duke should be favored against in the schedule? Army? We saw how that played out a few years ago when that team was struggling. I'm not saying Duke WILL finish 1-11, only that its not out of the question....and its not.

From the post-game thread

Scariest part was that Wake Forest - Wake Forest - looked like the better team.
Lots of mistakes and wasted opportunities, but Wake Forest owned the LOS on both sides. Wake Forest.
That's... really bad.

Poorer coaching. Wake doesn't have much talent.

ranked recruiting on Rivals the last 5 years

Can we still blame Roof?

Those pricks didn't think there was an excuse to lose to us when we were whipping them 12 years in a row either, lol!

Some of these are great.... it's crazy that these dook fans don't seem to remember that we owned them 12 times in a row not that long ago

Not crazy when you realize none of these dook fans were around more than a couple years ago.

It's absolutely amazing the extent to which their fan base has convinced themselves - over such a short period of time - that they are some sort of football powerhouse.

meh. the majority of duke fans were angry about the attendance. Then again, it was a million degrees out there. We left at halftime. It was just too damn hot and the game didn't warrant staying for the second half. I'll take credit for the win. Once I left we started playing well :cool:

Last edited:
They have fans? Couldn't tell by the turnout at Wallace Wade yesterday. I thought they were a winning program that had appeared in four-straight bowls.

It was brutally hot outside yesterday, but there was really bad attendance (glass house throwing stones).

Their renovations look nice, but I can't imagine they ever fill that stadium.

So none of you has ever heard that Duke was a FOOTBALL POWERHOUSE in the 40's or something.

Are those quotes from the Duke board or the Wake board last week with the team names swapped?

It's absolutely amazing the extent to which their fan base has convinced themselves - over such a short period of time - that they are some sort of football powerhouse.

Yet somehow most people on here think of Wake as the same.

meh. the majority of duke fans were angry about the attendance. Then again, it was a million degrees out there. We left at halftime. It was just too damn hot and the game didn't warrant staying for the second half. I'll take credit for the win. Once I left we started playing well :cool:

It was very hot. Thank god my father-in-law had the sense to get our tickets on the home side so we were in the shade.

We had tickets on the visitor side of the field and moved over to the home side like halfway through the first quarter. Not only was it far cooler, but it made yelling really hurtful things at the Duke players easy since we basically had front row seats.

It was brutally hot outside yesterday, but there was really bad attendance (glass house throwing stones).

Their renovations look nice, but I can't imagine they ever fill that stadium.

Good point. I was in a relatively cushy air-conditioned press box.

Back