• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dumb IPhone Roaming Question

ITK

the desert dwarf
Reaction score
I have Verizon and I am going to a foreign country next week. I need to be able to turn on my phone to do a work out video stored on it, but I don't want it to roam while I am there. If I go I to settings and turn Orr roaming, I'll be cool right? I don't want to get a huge phone bill when I get back or anything.

Could you access the video while in Airplane mode? When I go to out of the country I keep my phone in airplane mode. You can still use Wifi but you aren't roaming and can use your phone as you would otherwise. I.e. I use Skype when out of the country to make phone calls using Wifi.

Airplane mode turns off wifi and Bluetooth on my phone....but I would guess its turning
off cellular as well.

Airplane mode turns off wifi and Bluetooth on my phone....but I would guess its turning
off cellular as well.

All you have to do is put it in airplane mode and then enable WIFI. That should do it. It turns off cellular so you don't get big charges but allows access to the rest of your phone.

Cool, thanks everyone.

Back