• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

EA Sports College Football 25 release date July 19; official reveal on May 17

July 19 is the official release date. The official reveal is tomorrow.

The difference between the Standard Edition and Deluxe Edition is the Deluxe Edition has 3 day early release and some free packs.

Was looking for this thread in the wrong forum lol

For anyone who's not interested in Ultimate Team but still wants to play early, if you subscribe to EA Play for like $5(?) a month you can get early access for up to ten hours starting on July 16th. If you're buying digital I'd just go with the standard version and do that. That's my plan, anyways

I'm pretty sure I could give less than a shit about Ultimate Team, but seeing YouTubes of people playing the game for three days will hurt. There are plenty of ways I can save $30.

After the reveal tomorrow, we can discuss a board dynasty league and other competitions. It's expected to have cross-platform play but it's only on PS5 and XBox. Way back in the day, we had a PS3 league. Now everyone will be able to play. I definitely want to a boards tournament with everyone just using the default Wake roster.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I could give less than a shit about Ultimate Team, but seeing YouTubes of people playing the game for three days will hurt. There are plenty of ways I can save $30.

After the reveal tomorrow, we can discuss a board dynasty league and other competitions. It's expected to have cross-platform play but it's only on PS5 and XBox. Way back in the day, we had a PS3 league. Now everyone will be able to play. I definitely want to a boards tournament with everyone just using the default Wake roster.
There was a 360 league for a while, also

In

Official reveal trailer drops at 11 am.

I think that leaked on TikTok a day or two ago. Wake's all black uni's with the shiny gold helmet makes a couple appearances that I noticed.

After the reveal tomorrow, we can discuss a board dynasty league and other competitions.
So down for this.

The level of detail into the stadiums looks insane, too. That's genuinely a completely identical recreation of Kidd Brewer. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

More details:

CampusIQ™​

Immerse yourself in authentic, fast-paced, college football gameplay with CampusIQ™, a suite of features built to deliver wide open, fast paced and uniquely college football gameplay. Test your strategic decision-making with an all-new composure system, player Wear & Tear, screen-shaking homefield advantages, and dozens of diverse playstyles across 134 FBS teams.

• Wide Open, Fast Paced Gameplay
    Powered by a wide range of player ratings that fluctuate throughout a game, team tiers, and new in-game passing mechanics, EA SPORTS™ College Football 25 delivers strategic, fast-paced gameplay reflecting the true depth of college football.
  • Wear & Tear
    With the new Wear & Tear system, as the hits add up, players wear down. Manage your players’ health, limit fatigue, assess risk of injury, and avoid on-field mistakes by using strategic substitutions to ensure your players are at their best with it counts the most.
  • Pre-Snap Recognition
    Pre-Snap Recognition makes the decision behind every snap matter more. Do you trust in your high-skill seniors, or take a risk with your untested freshman? Read the game then read your players to make the right decision when it matters most.
  • Homefield Advantage
    Game-altering homefield advantages rattle your rivals in college football's toughest places to play. Test your squad’s road game composure and confidence levels as you play through distractions like screen shaking, missing pre-play icons, and moving play art.

GAME MODES​

Set a new standard for college football greatness in classic modes like Dynasty and Road To Glory. Recruit a winning roster, develop a coaching staff, and lead your program to the Natty as a created coach, or balance student-athlete life and take home the Heisman as a player.

• Dynasty
    Create a coach, take control, upgrade their abilities and build a powerhouse college football program. Establish your coaching staff, then work to recruit the best talent either straight from high school or direct from the transfer portal. Take your team to the next level in Online Dynasty, where up to 32 players can compete against each other on and off the field.
  • Road To Glory
    Live the life of a student-athlete with your created player and take home the Heisman as you build an unforgettable college football legacy. Manage your weekly schedule, GPA and your image, earn Coach Trust to get more playing time, or use the transfer portal to get the time and the glory you deserve.
  • College Football Ultimate Team
    Build your dream team of college football stars and legends. Play Solo Challenges or H2H Seasons to upgrade your squad and take on the toughest contests. Test your skills across consoles in more competitive formats like College Football Ultimate Team™ Champs and Champs Gauntlet.
  • Road To The College Football Playoff
    Experience a new way to play competitively across consoles, in the Road to the College Football Playoff. Will you represent your university, or take a power school to climb the polls? Earn rank by upsetting the toughest opponents and securing the votes you need to progress and level up divisions. Stack wins to earn your chance at making the playoffs and take home the National Championship.
A 32 player dynasty is insane and I'm here for it. The Road to the CFP looks like it could be a relegation system. Not sure what else "level up divisions" would mean.

I could see doing the following on the boards:
  • Tournament using Wake only
  • Single season "Road to the CFP" in which posters draft teams.
  • Full-on 32 player dynasty.

Back