• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Economics & Trade

I'm actually afraid to sell my house because we're going to snub any number of Realtor friends when the day comes. We bought our house about 25 years ago and the listing agent is guy a couple of years older than me who went to Wake who we've consulted with a few times when we've considered selling, and before we renovated.
that's what the vacation home is for

I'm actually afraid to sell my house because we're going to snub any number of Realtor friends when the day comes. We bought our house about 25 years ago and the listing agent is guy a couple of years older than me who went to Wake who we've consulted with a few times when we've considered selling, and before we renovated.

I'm not a realtor, nor do I play one on TV.

... We got into a huge unnecessary drama based on this with four/five different couples. (A/B/C/D/E)

We had drinks with two couples (A & B) that had just completed their sale of a townhouse... Couple A literally moved into the other side of a duplex, under the same roof, because of the kitchen layout/etc.

We were friends with couple A, but had just met couple B.

Couple B was immediately uncomfortable with the 3-level layout, and within a month of closing... and, were suggesting to us that they wanted to explore moving elsewhere.

Couple C, close friends, were really wanting to move into the neighborhood and had expressed disappointment the first sale had happened, because they'd already enlisted another couple of our friends (Couple D) as their buyers agents & specifically had targeted the neighborhood of the duplex.

Couple E had also been hired as preemptive seller's agents for Couple B.

I introduce B & C and they immediately agree to terms... within 24 hours. Effectively cutting out D & E.

I didn't want a commission, but half-jokingly requested that B host a king crab feast for everybody involved... B invited us all.

The crab was awesome, but the drama was extraordinary. I still feel bad for couple A.

Never mix selling your house with family or friends. We sold my wife’s house with our sister-in-law and it was dreadful…didn’t know how to get out of it but did and caused drama. She did nothing!

As someone who works on the legal side of the residential real estate industry I'll chime in to say that my experience is that many realtors give zero shits about their clients and will do everything they can to push a sale even if it puts a client in a bad position. I'm sure there are a ton of good ones but I'd be incredibly careful about who I'd trust when buying/selling a property.

Agreed that most residential realtors in urban/suburban areas today are pretty useless, just glorified chaperones along for the property visits to make sure you don't heist the Picasso.

Contrary, I have found small-town realtors in rural areas to be extremely useful. A lot of them know property history, family history, political history, etc., and have the corresponding relationships and connections. They are usually selling for lower prices and resulting less commission, but they can often bring a lot more to the table than their fungible suburban counterparts.

Agreed that most residential realtors in urban/suburban areas today are pretty useless, just glorified chaperones along for the property visits to make sure you don't heist the Picasso.

Contrary, I have found small-town realtors in rural areas to be extremely useful. A lot of them know property history, family history, political history, etc., and have the corresponding relationships and connections. They are usually selling for lower prices and resulting less commission, but they can often bring a lot more to the table than their fungible suburban counterparts.
Can't speak for the first part, but can say that I've had nothing but good experiences with local realtors.

looks like a misquote in the tweet as article says 70% of homes in Manhattan

also

Buying in the city has slowed as a result. Liebman contrasted the market with more affordable cities such as Charlotte, North Carolina, where she said homes sold in days, often in a bidding war. But in New York, some of the best properties coming to market are now sitting for months. Last year, the US had fewer than 4mn property transactions, down from a pandemic peak of 6mn, which is “not a good thing”, Liebman said.

Someone explain to me why people think Trump will be better than Biden with the economy…I mean Biden did a great job, it’s just greedification by corporations that has items remaining at higher prices. He really don’t have much he can do about that. Outside of that really great metrics on jobs production, unemployment rate and stock market. So what’s the problem?

Someone explain to me why people think Trump will be better than Biden with the economy…I mean Biden did a great job, it’s just greedification by corporations that has items remaining at higher prices. He really don’t have much he can do about that. Outside of that really great metrics on jobs production, unemployment rate and stock market. So what’s the problem?
IMG_8412.jpeg

Because republicans are fiscally responsible! They are for low taxes and small spending!! Well, not guns. Spend a shit ton on those for military, police, and private citizens! Guns all around ! ! ! #moarmassshootings

He's a businessman! Lol

Back