• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ed Christman passed away

VaDeac

Reaction score
Saw this on FB. Can anyone confirm?
If so, big loss for MSD.

Last edited:
Yes. Passed away this morning. There will be a service in Wait Chapel on December 30th at 11:00am. Great man. Sad to see him go.

Horrible news. Probably the best person ever associated with MSD.

Dr. Christman meant so much to Mother So Dear and the lives of those he met. Great man and I hope those still at Wake will make sure he is never forgotten.

I was privileged to know Ed Christman. A great man who understood the concept that people remember the way you make them feel. You always left a conversation with him feeling encouraged. Peace and comfort to his family.

I was privileged to know Ed Christman. A great man who understood the concept that people remember the way you make them feel. You always left a conversation with him feeling encouraged. Peace and comfort to his family.

Well said. Chaplain Christman made everyone around him feel loved, cared for, and at home. What a great man. Rest in peace, good and faithful servant of the Lord and of Wake Forest.

Those who know me know that I am not a religious man at all. In spite of this, Ed Christman still reached out to me and helped me through a tremendous personal crisis while I was an undergrad at Wake. I'm forever in his debt for his kind words and guidance during that time.

They had it when I was there. I went my freshman year and was a counselor the next three years.

Ed Christman was one of the very first people I met when I came to WF in the fall of 1964 to go to the freshman pre-school retreat at Camp Hanes. A great man who lived an exemplary life.

(By the way, do they still have that retreat for WF freshmen now? I met some new friends there whom I still keep in touch with today, 50 years later.)

They had it when I was there. I went my freshman year and was a counselor the next three years.

It still exists. It's called Summit now, and it's moved to Camp Cheerio.

Back