• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

espn analysis of nebraska game

memphisslim

Reaction score
"Wake Forest is the basketball equivalent of my past two days: Here I was, somewhat expecting Wake Forest to be not-totally-terrible this season. How silly of me. Tim Miles is a good coach, and he has Nebraska doing some nice things, but I'm sorry -- you can't lose to Nebraska by 16 points at home. You just can't. Jeff [Redacted]'s tenure has suffered some brutal moments (including arguably the worst season in Wake history), but it doesn't seem to be getting much better, at least not thus far this season. When you consider that [Redacted]'s best record at Colorado was 15-16, and the man he replaced went to the NCAA tournament two years in a row before he was fired, AD Ron Wellman's decision (based on a personal relationship with [Redacted]) always looked questionable. The more this keeps up, the more it looks fireable." ESPN blog

This gives a warm fuzzy feeling.

I'm glad the press keeps pointing out the personal relationship angle.

Just read this on another board:

I just got some pretty good intell that Wellman, Grobe and Buzz had a good laugh over the call for their heads this weekend

I have no idea how reliable that "intel" is, but the very idea makes me angry.

Lobo was probably pouring the drinks.

Back