• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Europe Travel Assistance

2.5 days in london in November. Where should I stay? What should I do? Thinking air bnb but not married to that idea. Never been before.
Thames River ride out to Greenwich was a great way to see the city all at once. Plus I got to see a yellow wag tail, and a Peregrine Falcon on the ride. I also highly recommend seeing Shakespeare at the globe. We went 7 years ago and are still talking about the performance.

I am a huge Iceland dork - post da itinerary and I can help
Relatively short trip.
Day 1: Arrive in Reykjavík very early and basically just get acclimated.
Day 2: Walking food tour of Reykjavík
Day 3: Solheimajokull Glacier Tour
Day 4: Golden Circle and Secret Lagoon
Day 5: Open
Day 6: Open
Day 7: Return

we love "open"

I'm not sure why people try to do the GC in one day - it's technically possible but Þingvellir and Geysir both can take a lot of time if you give over to it. We booked an AirBnB in Flúðir for the evening of our GC trip, then got up the next morning hiked the nearby Tarn and crashed the Secret Lagoon there before driving back to Reyk. Was absolutely worth the hike/bath combo and good call on the Flúðir baths since they're more representative of the local hot spring culture in Iceland.

check out Efstidalur II for lunch on the GC - if you can swing seating you can eat a burger from the second floor while looking into the cowbarn while watching the cows get fed - eat a cow while watching the cows - then get ice cream before hitting Geysir

p sure they've reopened the Blue Lagoon, any reason you're not going? it's worth a trip once imo.

when yr in Reyk defs do Skál! (or any of the Hlemmur food hall spots)

with yr two open days are you looking to do more outdoors stuff or more foodie/drinky/indoor stuff

Back