• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ex-Deacs on XFL v2 rosters

jaybone

Reaction score
Surprised Nikita isn't playing in the CFL. I'd think he'd be perfect for that league

There aren't many spots for US players in the CFL. It's something like 20 per team and there's only 9 teams.

My wife is gone for the weekend. I have to admit, I'm watching this.

I stay at the same hotel as the ny guardians. They are 20 miles outside ny in nj. We are in the middle of nowhere. Literally nothing there in walking distance.

If they practice in ny they are a 60-90 min drive away.

Hope they win Sunday. Don’t want to be around sad football players on Monday.

Apparently the avg salary is $55k. They are all big dudes.

I stay at the same hotel as the ny guardians. They are 20 miles outside ny in nj. We are in the middle of nowhere. Literally nothing there in walking distance.

If they practice in ny they are a 60-90 min drive away.

Hope they win Sunday. Don’t want to be around sad football players on Monday.

Apparently the avg salary is $55k. They are all big dudes.

This seems like the. War summary of minor league football I’ve ever heard.

And they share a hotel room. Had a pair next to me. A weird mix of business travelers and athletes with a lot of time on their hands in the evening.

First f-bomb on live tv with 6 min left in half

I do like these open-mic settings on the broadcast.

I think this could work, but they need to iron out the technology. Announcers talk over the coaches etc. Also the announcers mike's seem a bit low so hard to hear them over crowds.

One level of excitement will be the first time a sideline reporter sticks that mike in the face of a really pissed off player.

I'm thinking these guys have had it drilled into their heads to minimize offensive language.

I think this could work, but they need to iron out the technology. Announcers talk over the coaches etc. Also the announcers mike's seem a bit low so hard to hear them over crowds.

Agree that it needs some ironing out, but I like the real time commentary from the field. It adds an element you don't really see in other sports.

Oddly, it's also interesting to here the ref discussion. The replay review is a definite plus.

watched a few minutes today and saw a WF shirt in the crowd going crazy after a TD.

Was at the NY/Tampa game, it was fun - Banks and Nikita looked really good, lotta pressure, constantly making McGloin move. Non wake related, but Aaron Murray is still hot garbage.

The announcers were basically begging them to leave Flowers in at QB.

Bumping this since it doesn't look like there are any other XFL threads. If you're not watching, you're missing out. Looks like St. Louis sold another 30,000 tickets today. Really hope this league sticks around. Big fan of all the changes.

I’d prefer that the scoring be more in 7 point increments. Let them go for 2 or 3, fine but I’m just so conditioned to count on 7s that I like the XP kick.

“Get rid of one of the most interesting strategy changes because I’m too lazy to count in a different way”

Back