• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

This is what it looks like when hate towards progressive activists is encouraged and institutionalized - premeditated murder of protestors pardoned by a governor.

Do you think the people bitching about BLM, Antifa, and shoplifting “gangs” give a single fuck about protestors being murdered in cold blood? No. They are just further emboldened to commit vigilante violence on behalf of their states right wing government.

This is what it looks like when hate towards progressive activists is encouraged and institutionalized - premeditated murder of protestors pardoned by a governor.

Do you think the people bitching about BLM, Antifa, and shoplifting “gangs” give a single fuck about protestors being murdered in cold blood? No. They are just further emboldened to commit vigilante violence on behalf of their states right wing government.
Which goes to your point last week or so about the efficacy of non-violent protests in today's polarized environment in which one side is pro-political violence.

Which goes to your point last week or so about the efficacy of non-violent protests in today's polarized environment in which one side is pro-political violence.
Simply, pro violence. Especially religious or state sponsored (preferably both ! !)

I’m remiss to admit to the type of activism I believe might be effective. At this point I don’t even really know what it means for something to be “effective”. There’s not a lot of space between accelerationism and hopelessness, but I try to keep my sanity there without wallowing in despair or violent resentment. I have to keep my faith that people are generally good, absent a culture that encourages us to be greedy, selfish, and hateful.

Cops find a way.

Officers in Austin and San Francisco — two of the largest cities where police are banned from using the technology — have repeatedly asked police in neighboring towns to run photos of criminal suspects through their facial recognition programs, according to a Washington Post review of police documents.

In San Francisco, the workaround didn’t appear to help. Since the city’s ban took effect in 2019, the San Francisco Police Department has asked outside agencies to conduct at least five facial recognition searches, but no matches were returned, according to a summary of those incidents submitted by the department to the county’s Board of Supervisors last year.

SFPD spokesman Evan Sernoffsky said these requests violated the city ordinance and were not authorized by the department, but the agency faced no consequences from the city. He declined to say whether any officers were disciplined because those would be personnel matters.

Austin police officers received the results of at least 13 face searches from a neighboring police department since the city’s 2020 ban — and appeared to get hits on some of them, according to documents obtained by The Post through public records requests and sources who shared them on the condition of anonymity.

“That’s him! Thank you very much,” one Austin police officer wrote in response to an array of photos sent to him by an officer in Leander, Tex., who ran a facial recognition search, documents show. The man displayed in the pictures, John Curry Jr., was later charged with aggravated assault for allegedly charging toward someone with a knife, and is currently in jail awaiting trial. Curry’s attorney declined to comment.

But at least one man who was ensnared by the searches argued that police should be held to the same standards as ordinary citizens.
“We have to follow the laws. Why don’t they?” said Tyrell Johnson, 20, who was identified by a facial recognition search in August as a suspect in the armed robbery of an Austin 7-Eleven, documents show. Johnson said he’s innocent, though prosecutors said in court documents that he bears the same hand tattoo and was seen in a video on social media wearing the same clothing as the person caught on tape committing the crime. He’s awaiting trial.

Mississippi cops

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Mississippi cops

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
The Goon Squad came to national attention last year after Rankin County sheriff’s deputies tortured two Black men in their home and shot one of them in the face, nearly killing him.
Deputies in the chat also discussed taking nude pictures of a woman they had arrested.
When deputies encountered people who had died — by suicide, by homicide, in a car crash — they sometimes shared pictures of the bodies, compared states of decomposition or joked that they should have sex with them.
Cotton, who still works for the department, said he and his colleagues traded pictures of dead people out of curiosity, but did not share them outside of their chat group.

“It’s stuff that you just see on the job,” he said. “It’s not against the law. I didn’t make any vulgar comments about it.”
In 2020, deputies exchanged messages about creating a challenge coin, a commemorative token commonly shared by members of a particular unit in the military or law enforcement. Middleton initially suggested that their coin feature images of a noose and a Confederate flag.
Residents said they had experienced or witnessed raids in which deputies restrained suspects or drove them to remote locations, then beat them, threatened to kill them or shocked them with Tasers in the face and genitals.
In 2022, Deputy Stefan Williams shared a video of an officer defecating on someone’s bed.
“Based upon this analysis, we are confident that the actions of our current employees are and will remain proper as they serve the citizens of Rankin County,” the statement said.

Just a few bad apples! Nothing to worry about!

Back