• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook IPO priced at $38.

About $7bn will be raised by the company with the rest going to selling shareholders.

A p/e of 100? Let's party like it's 1999.

http://www.incomediary.com/who-owns-facebook-the-10-richest-facebook-shareholders

This is a breakdown of who owns Facebook now. Can someone explain exactly what happens once the IPO comes out?

If you are an owner and have been designated as a "selling stockholder", you will get that money upfront (then pay taxes later on the capital gains from when you bought it) relative to the amount of shares you're selling. These shares will be bought by new shareholders. If you are an owner and you don't sell during the IPO, you will have to wait a certain amount of time to sell on the market (not sure how that usually works). Facebook is issuing about 180MM new shares as well to new shareholders, funds of which will be available for Facebook to buy a bunch of zero revenue startups like instragram.

Does not compute.

i assume you are saying this because the company is valued at $100bill. an ipo is not the selling of the whole company. the company is valued and then the company decides on a percentage of itself to sell (or vice versa).

current owners also have the right to sell when the ipo happens. this is actually a secondary offering but will happen at the price of the IPO.

Exactly... seeing Thiel and other smart insiders selling their stake is not encouraging. I've always thought these Facebook valuations were batshit crazy.

Gotta love GM sippin' that haterade earlier this week.

I can understand the potential of something that a billion people use. The question is if each of us average out to being worth $16. When you think about that, it's less of a stretch.

The Cabbage Patch kids of the 2010's

I got a whopping 50 shares in the IPO from etrade. At what number do I flip it today?

Last edited:
They should have released a Facebook App called IPOVille and sold shares through it.

Then you could wait and sell it at $150/share later today.

the-big-short.jpg

Billions of users is fine but they need serious revenue growth rates to maintain $38 pps

Back