• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Father Disowns Daughter, Gets Free T-Shirt

HeavyPetter

Carnal Decadence
Reaction score
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/father-disowns-homophobic-daughter-in-epic-letter-230436549.html

Dear Christine,

I’m disappointed in you as a daughter. You’re correct that we have a “shame in the family”, but mistaken about what it is. Kicking Chad out of your home simply because he told you he was gay is the real “abomination” here. A parent disowning her child is what goes “against nature.” The only intelligent thing I heard you saying in all this was that “you didn’t raise your son to be gay." Of course you didn’t. He was born this way and didn’t chase it any more than he being left-handed. You however, have made a choice of being hurtful, narrow-minded and backward. So, while we are in the business of disowning our children, I think I’ll take this moment to say goodbye to you. I now have a fabulous (as the gays put it) grandson to raise, and I don’t have time for heart-less B-word of a daughter. If you find your heart, give us a call. – Dad.

The letter was posted on Monday to the pro-gay youth organization FCKH8's Facebook page, to the tune of more than 3,000 shares, 8,000 likes, and 400 comments. "We are going to be sending his grandpa a free 'Straight Against Hate' tee for being such an awesome example and inspiring so many," FCKH8 spokesperson Luke Montgomery tells Yahoo Shine.

That's an awesome letter but the thread title might be even better.

Is no one else gonna call bullshit on this letter?

I call BS

when-a-girl-breaks-your-heart.gif

I DISOWNED BY DAUGHTER FOR BEING A BIGOT AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY T-SHIRT!!!!!!

Back