• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Movie SCENE

Stan Gable

Reaction score
Boogie Nights has been on Cinemax a lot lately and I want to give the movie its due. The scene where Dirk, Reed, Todd Parker are strung out and trying to rob the coke dealer is a total masterpiece. The anxiety, music and the Asian boy (Cosmo) lighting fire crackers gets me every time. Excellent movie, brilliant scene.

boogie-nights-main_jpg_595x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

I like a good cross cutting scene. I'd go with either the Ladies Garden Club/Chinese Communist Party scene from Manchurian Candidate or the baptism/killing the heads of the 5 families scene from The Godfather.

Boogie Nights has been on Cinemax a lot lately and I want to give the movie its due. The scene where Dirk, Reed, Todd Parker are strung out and trying to rob the coke dealer is a total masterpiece. The anxiety, music and the Asian boy (Cosmo) lighting fire crackers gets me every time. Excellent movie, brilliant scene.

boogie-nights-main_jpg_595x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

Seriously, I just randomly decided to watch this clip on youtube like 20 minutes ago. So awesome. Thomas Jane is greatness.

Hard to choose between a bunch of different scenes in Cool Hand Luke. I'll go with the boxing match for today.

Couch scene in Mullholland Drive.

/endthread

The scene in Porky's where Buela Ballbricker is trying to convince the principal to do a naked lineup so she could identify the offending tallywacker.

That scene in Boogie Nights is positively brilliant. I remember watching that in the theater being on the edge of my seat. Regular action flicks don't do that to me. That Boogie Nights was able to do that as a drama first, comedy second, and action film way last is pretty amazing.

There are a ton of scenes from Josey Wales that should make this thread. Here's my fave...

The endings to Fight Club and The Life Aquatic are my two favorite scenes for their incorporation of music.

Fight Club - "You met me at a very strange time in my life..." Pixies tune

Life Aquatic - "I wonder if it remembers me..." Sigur Ros song

Dorky pick is when Belmondo steals the car and starts talking to the camera and making jokes about the film score in Breathless.

Last edited:
Your teacher wants you to go slow... and she's wrong because it's the fastest who get paid and it's the fastest who gets laid

A couple speeches/monologues came to mind first - Pacino's speech in Scent of a Woman or Damon's interview in Good Will Hunting.

Back