• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite one line from a song

Skydog Deac

Reaction score
Keep 'em short. Mine:

"I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth" - Substitute, The Who

"I don't know karate, but I know c-razy (yes, he do)". The Payback, James Brown

Too obvious, but...
"You ain't a beauty, but Hey, you're all right" The Boss

"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile." He's Gone, GD.

***In the late 90s there was a Chemistry professor at Wake named Mendenhall who would put this line at the end of every test. I'm fairly certain 90+% of the students had no idea of the context.

"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep's the gettin' there." Townes Van Zandt

too many to get to one.....here are a few:

"I pulled into Nazareth was feelin about half past dead"
"Life's been good to me so far"
"Let's drop the big one now"
"We won't get fooled again"

Lots of good choices, but off the top of my head...

"So rock me mama like a wagon wheel."
- OCMS

Sometimes you make 8 sometimes you hit dirt, go on pin another number to the back of my shirt - radney foster

"Lately it occurs to me ... what a long, strange trip it's been." Robert Hunter The Dead

"I come from Brooklyn 'cause that's where I'm from." -- The Beastie Boys

Seriously, for me it must be: "It's a girl, my Lord, in a flat bed Ford slowin' down to take a look at me." -- The Eagles

Last edited:
"Wish I was in Austin in a chili parlor bar; drinking mad dog margaritas and not caring where you are" Guy Clark

Ain't there one damn song that can make me........break down and cry?!?
Bowie

"Idiot wind, blowin' every time you move your teeth….You're an idiot babe, it's a wonder that you still know how to breathe." B. Dylan

I think my high school senior quote was: "you call someplace paradise, kiss it goodbye." - the eagles

Back