• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fiesta Bowl: Oregon vs. Kansas State

The more I think about it, the more I think it would be a mistake for the Eagles to hire Kelly (and for Kelly to take the job). Just doesn't seem like a good fit, even though he's clearly a talented coach.

You knew when you saw Ron Cherry that something stupid would occur.

The more I think about it, the more I think it would be a mistake for the Eagles to hire Kelly (and for Kelly to take the job). Just doesn't seem like a good fit, even though he's clearly a talented coach.

I personally don't think that Chip Kelly is a good fit for the NFL period, especially if he tries to run his offense in the NFL exactly as he has in college. Oregon's offense is successful in college because they have such a large speed advantage over most teams they play. It's fine to run a "fast-break" offense if you're scoring points on most possessions. However, in the NFL most teams matchup pretty evenly when it comes to team speed. Sure you've got some players in the NFL that stand out because of their speed, but overall team speed among the NFL teams is usually pretty close. Running an offense in the NFL that plays extremely fast, but doesn't score a ton of points would wear out your defense. If Chip Kelly does go to the NFL it will show whether he's a really good coach that is capable of adjusting schemes or just a system coach who was in the perfect situation at Oregon.

Unless a team has an awful kicker, the odds of going for two XP on two TDs and getting them is 100%.

Assuming a 2-point conversion is a 50-50 proposition, the odds break down like this:
25% = 0 points
50% = 2 points
25% = 4 points

Hard to justify choosing the 2-point conversion when there is only a 25% chance of doing better than the XPs.

Back in the day, not so very long ago at that, Kansas State was a perennial doormat in college football.

When Synder left for a couple of years they really dropped off again too and he came back and they're in the top 10. The old dude is doing something right.

Back