• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Film Breakdown of D vs. UNC-G

Deacsfan27

Reaction score
Francis Alonso hit 7/10 threes against us. I went through and watched all of them to see what happened.

https://www.bloggersodear.com/2017/...ensboro-wake-forest-chaundee-brown-wes-miller

TL;DR:

1. Our pick-and-roll defense is awful.
2. We tried 5 different guys defending Alonso.
3. Alonso is a pretty damn good shooter.
4. Miller had some pretty good plays called up to get Alonso the ball at a 34% possession rate for the game.

What is the difference between possession rate and usage rate?

What is the difference between possession rate and usage rate?

(I could be wrong but) I think usage is the % of plays where you contribute to the end result of the play and possession is the % of time on the floor the player actually has the ball... or something like that

(I could be wrong but) I think usage is the % of plays where you contribute to the end result of the play and possession is the % of time on the floor the player actually has the ball... or something like that

I am pretty sure they are the same thing. The only question I would have is whether or not KenPom uses missed free throw as the end of a possession too (I assume he does).

KenPom defines Possession % as: A measure of personal possessions used while the player is on the court. Simply assigns credit or blame to a player when his actions end a possession, either by making a shot, missing a shot that isn’t rebounded by the offense, or committing a turnover.

Breakdown of D should be the name of the documentary they make on our season.

Francis Alonso hit 7/10 threes against us. I went through and watched all of them to see what happened.

4. Miller had some pretty good plays called up to get Alonso the ball at a 34% possession rate for the game.

This was like watching the Zapruder film over and over.

Only disagree about the plays. The first one was pretty well drawn up, but the other six were pretty basic screens, just run well and poorly defended.

Back