• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

I'd like to get a picture of Wellman's calendar on a given day.

6:00 am wake up and Yoga
6:20 am write in journal and make a note to tell [Redacted] about new Yoga position
6:30 am eat Kashi cereal
7:00 am walk dogs and pick up poop
7:30 am shit/shower
8:15 am leave for work
8:45 cup of coffee
9:00 sit in leather chair and look at pre-screened emails; reply to 2-3 important ones like the one to the NCAA and another one to Grobe; remind Grobe that football players cannot enter fraternity parties and steal beer
10:30 am make a phone call to Physical Plant ordering them to pick up the bags of trash outside Miller; do it now
10:45 am call Greensboro News & Record
11:00 am start typing angry email reply to a fan who slipped through the cracks on pre-screened email; ask secretary how that happened; save email draft; do not send
11:15 am secretary reminds Ron there are 965 "Ask the AD" emails from 2010 in that Inbox; Ron tells secretary to ask Student Worker to start replying and deleting as needed
11:20 am call secretary and ask her to remind female student workers there is a dress code in the Athletic Department
11:30 am go to gym for daily 90 minute workout and standing around
1:00 grab a sandwich on campus
1:15 pm check in with field hockey coach and play with coaches kids, who are running up and down the hall in the Athletic Department; ponder if today is a holiday?
1:30 pm talk to Hatch about BS culture; remind that we may play Notre Dame in football in 2024
1:45 pm shut door; put on some Sinatra, and take nap in chair like they do in Spain
2:45 pm call IT office so they can check out issue with college-issued phone
3:00 cup of coffee
3:20 final task of day, delete email draft to fan from earlier after reading/re-writing 7 times - no need to "hit send" and respond to those lunatics
3:30 stroll over to baseball practice
4:30 leave for 5:00 BS Leadership Speaker on campus in Business School
5:00 notice that some people, especially undergraduate students at Leadership speaker function are giving the evil eye (maybe they are some of those BuzzOut clowns?).
5:45 Speaker is still yapping; take fake phone call, step out of room, sneak out and go home

whew...is that it?

I don't have a crystal ball, but you don't need one to see that Wellman's not going to reveal anything. I don't doubt that Andy will ask about the ads and current state of the program. When it happens, I expect a "no comment" or a lengthier prepared response where he brushes the issue aside as he proclaims that his duties to the selection committee and the NCAAT are the real focus; a focus that precludes any further comment on the matter. Then, he'll attend the NCAAT at multiple locations, looking busy and giving many interviews consisting of non-WF related questions as the heat dies down in W-S.

After the NCAAT is over, nothing. No interviews, no press conferences, absolutely nothing.

[Redacted]'s future will be the subject of many threads here and elsewhere. Many threads about an announcement that will never occur. Meanwhile, Wellman will sit comfortably in an ivory tower where calls, emails and letters will be screened on his behalf. In church, the only message he'll hear from God is that [Redacted] deserves at least one more year. All the while, we know that the decision to retain [Redacted] was made long before our season ended.

Dan will never be given the opportunity to ask this question. He will have the opportunity to ask [Redacted] this question in the fall and he'll get an awkward, unconfortable response that will recycle the culture talking points without any definite goals. I could easily be wrong, but I think Wellman's done with aggressive interviews on this topic. I expect Wellman will talk to Stan and Dinger and do other puff pieces, though.

I'd do it that way if I were in Wellman's shoes.

Last edited:

6:20 am write in journal and make a note to tell [Redacted] about new Yoga position
9:00 sit in leather chair and look at pre-screened emails; reply to 2-3 important ones like the one to the NCAA and another one to Grobe
10:30 am make a phone call to Physical Plant ordering them to pick up the bags of trash outside Miller; do it now
11:00 am start typing angry email reply to a fan who slipped through the cracks on pre-screened email; ask secretary how that happened; save email draft; do not send
1:15 pm check in with field hockey coach and play with coaches kids, who are running up and down the hall in the Athletic Department; ponder if today is a holiday?
1:30 pm talk to Hatch about BS culture; remind that we may play Notre Dame in football in 2024
1:45 pm shut door; put on some Sinatra, and take nap in chair like they do in Spain
3:20 final task of day, delete email draft to fan from earlier after reading/re-writing 7 times - no need to "hit send" and respond to those lunatics
5:00 notice that some people, especially undergraduate students at Leadership speaker function are giving the evil eye (maybe they are some of those BuzzOut clowns?).
5:45 Speaker is still yapping; take fake phone call, step out of room, sneak out and go home

whew...is that it?

Somewhere in there has got to be 15 minutes listening to his favorite funnyman Jack Benny. "Rochester!"

hahaha duly noted. I left out the part where he reminds Grobe that the football team cannot walk into fraternity parties and steal beer - CULTURE DAMMIT!

Somewhere in there has got to be 15 minutes listening to his favorite funnyman Jack Benny. "Rochester!"

9:00 sit in leather chair and look at pre-screened emails; reply to 2-3 important ones like the one to the NCAA and another one to Grobe

whew...is that it?

FAIL. No way Wellman picks up his dog's shit. Cleaning up and fixing a mess just isn't what he does.

FAIL. No way Wellman picks up his dog's shit. Cleaning up and fixing a mess just isn't what he does.

Yeah, when I saw that he picked up the poop I figured it would come into play later on. Something like "3:00 apply poop to picture of Dino. Sigh. Realize that you've already smeared Dino as artistically as possible."

Not sure how to post pic like this, but ad is great. Totally calls out the bullshit Ron fed us three years ago...

Not sure how to post pic like this, but ad is great. Totally calls out the bullshit Ron fed us three years ago...

Upload to tinypic. If its on your phone, it's real easy using Tapatalk.

You can get tapatalk on iPhone. I'm using it now.

336 is failing us right now! Lets get it together folks! :)

34xl6xs.jpg

Thank you Henry for sending the pic.

NOW LETS SPREAD THIS SHIT ALL OVER THE NET. Start the emailing and tweeting!

Back