• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

Stratt brothers/VT.

Ok, hard to believe, but Andy Katz and I are emailing back and forth.

Wanted to know if he could attribute this to me, obviously not. Wants to make sure he gets the facts on the cost correct.

Obviously a PM would work for this.

BTW, he had seen the ad before I emailed it to him.

We've lost five of seven, three of those to the bottom half of the conference, and people are still spewing the improvement crap?

Got several comments from co-workers supporting it. Mostly UNC fans who would like Wake to matter so they can talk trash to me. One said it's not fun when Wake sucks because I don't respond to their trash talk.

I don't want any coach that is afraid we will be too mean to him if he puts up a shitty run the way [Redacted] has.

Fair comments from a dude in the media.
Yeah, I don't agree with them, but they are very fair. Our highs (FSU blowout, NCSU, Miami and even Duke home loss) this year are clearly better than any highs we have experienced in 3 years and some members of this freshman class show promise. But when you look at the w-l, we really didn't get better as the year went on.

Dean Shore is still BuzzIn:

"You know, I've stayed pretty neutral on all the turmoil around Wake Forest. I feel my energy and effort is best used in loving and supporting our team. These guys deserve nothing less. But some of you people are making it very hard. The only thing I'll say is..the way you've treated this coach I'll be surprised if ANY coach would want to come and coach at Wake Forest. GO DEACS! BEAT MARYLAND!"

Oh, Dean.

oh no! you mean this ad may deter other perennial losers from coming to Wake Forest? How will we survive if we cut "coaches who haven't won a post-season game in five years" out of our candidate pool?

We've lost five of seven, three of those to the bottom half of the conference, and people are still spewing the improvement crap?

From a longer view than the end of this season or even this whole season, if you look at the tenure of his career, we are "improving." But nowhere does that suggest long term success.

From a longer view than the end of this season or even this whole season, if you look at the tenure of his career, we are "improving." But nowhere does that suggest long term success.

We won fewer games this season than last.

Stratt brothers/VT.

Ok, hard to believe, but Andy Katz and I are emailing back and forth.

Wanted to know if he could attribute this to me, obviously not. Wants to make sure he gets the facts on the cost correct.

Obviously a PM would work for this.

BTW, he had seen the ad before I emailed it to him.

Done.

Wake Forest fans take out another anti-Jeff [Redacted] ad
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...ans-take-out-another-anti-jeff-[Redacted]-ad/

A portion of the Wake Forest fan base has been anything but quiet about their desire for Jeff [Redacted] to look elsewhere for employment.

After running an ad in the student newspaper last Friday calling for [Redacted] to be fired, the students paid for an ad to be printed on the front page of today’s sports section:

That same group also bought FireBz.com, a site dedicated solely to trying to find a way to get [Redacted] fired.

It will be interesting, as we head into the throes of the coaching carousel, to see whether or not Wake Forest decides to make a coaching change. As much as [Redacted] has struggled in his tenure with the school, there were some nice moments with this year’s team. They beat NC State and they beat Miami by 15. There are wins over Florida State and Xavier as well. The 13-17 record overall and his 6-12 record in the ACC are by no means impressive, but it will be interesting to see if it is enough to earn him another season.

Back