• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Sunday...,

deac87

Reaction score
Without football and we get to watch the shit show of WF basketball. I don't even enjoy watching the other ACC games because the Deacs are so bad. It is a long time until September. At least Clawson has passion and heart. Manning is just in way over his head. Thank you Hatch and Wellman.

Not sure how you can put this mess on Manning.....Next year will be much different without this talentless [Redacted] bullshit!

Not sure how you can put this mess on Manning.....Next year will be much different without this talentless [Redacted] bullshit!

Not putting it all on Manning. He is a better recruiter than the previous coach but he has not yet shown that he can recruit at a level where we can win with talent. In my opinion, he has shown that he will not out coach anyone in the ACC with the possible exception of Godfried

His 3 recruits have been the best we've seen since Dino! If the one's next year are similar to what we've seen this year we'll be just fine........we'll finally be relieved of the talentless, non-acc type player [Redacted] brought in here. ESPECIALLY CMM!!!!!

I don't understand why anyone is so satisfied with Clawson after two 3-9 seasons bit thinks we're screwed with Manning.

I don't understand why anyone is so satisfied with Clawson after two 3-9 seasons bit thinks we're screwed with Manning.

If you don't see the massive difference in intangibles - hustle, energy, discipline, organization - I don't know what to tell you. Night and day.

If you don't see the massive difference in intangibles - hustle, energy, discipline, organization - I don't know what to tell you. Night and day.

LOL. 2-14 in the ACC....and didn't score a touchdown in either of the two wins.

ETA: 2-15 against ACC teams when you count the extra UNC game last year....and his offense has averaged 13 PPG in those 17 games. They may be great in intangibles, but it hasn't translated into many points...or wins. He's lucky he isn't 0-17 against the ACC, considering that his team scored only 0 & 3 points in regulation in the two wins.

Last edited:
You guys should've flipped over to the NHL ASG. It rocked.

The UNC game last year was a conference game.
Clawson is still TBD but the state of the offense when he took over made it pretty much impossible to be competitive in the ACC.

Last edited:

Hustle ? Seriously ? They're getting destroyed on the field by second rate teams. I don't care about hustle.

I'm still on board with both coaches and am more than willing to give each a couple of more years to right the ship. Clawson's players need time to grow and Manning still needs to bring in the big recruit.

The offensive line Clawson inherited was one of the worst in NCAA history. We were years from being competitive offensively when he got here.

Clawson signed the highest ranked recruiting class at Wake Forest since Rivals started tracking such a thing. If Manning had done the same in basketball, I think people would be pretty excited.

First game of next season we will bring out a starting lineup of this: Crawford, Wilbekin, Hudson, Dinos, Collins

If that can excite any fan that has lived the past 6 seasons please let me know what meds you have been prescribed.

First game of next season we will bring out a starting lineup of this: Crawford, Wilbekin, Hudson, Dinos, Collins

If that can excite any fan that has lived the past 6 seasons please let me know what meds you have been prescribed.

There might now be a worse starting 5 besides whatever mess BC decides to put on the floor next year Facepalm

Back