• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State Game Time

Mean it was probably Mitch’s best game since Vanderbilt, maybe Elon. So progress, really low bar, but progress. You could hear in Clawson’s voice he was trying not to trash The kid and find some positive while admitting he still wasn’t good.
No offense but he didn’t give a shit about trashing Kern. Maybe he should have said he thought he’d be a good HS Math teacher or wherever this kid’s strengths lie.

Last edited:
IDK...I still think had you told us before the season that we'd be 4-4 at this point of the season with 3 wins OOC averaging 33.3 pts a game and with losses @CLEM (by 5 pts), and @VT and home to #4 FSU, that few of us would be terribly surprised.

Now beyond that, knowing the details of those games and what we had to do to not only pull out those wins, but what we did during the losses that could have been different, I think THAT is where all of our issues come in to play.

Mitch was 6/16 for 82 yards. So I guess he was 5/9 in the 2nd half.

The offense had one 51 yard run. Other than that it was 48 carries for 77 yards. There was nothing good about the offense today.

After the Virgina Tech loss, Clawson questioned whether the team would continue to play hard for a win or would give up and pack it in for the season. They showed up against Pitt and pulled off a last second win behind the third string QB.

Clawson's decision to start Griffis surprised me. The win last week had provided a small measure of momentum. Starting Griffis destroyed that momentum. Playing Griffis for the first 49 minutes despite a terrible performance appeared to destroy the morale of the team. From my personal perspective, Clawson gave up on his team this afternoon. That is unacceptable.
Yes, destroying morale to make some stupid loyalty point. Agree.

s-l1600.jpg

Where does everyone sit/feel if Marucci starts @Duke and plays miserably?

I say, (almost) no matter what, he should start AT LEAST @Duke and vsNCSU.....but if he shows to be just as inept as Mitch....then what?

Do we just rotate them @ND and try to confuse the Irish about which guy they have to face?

IF Griffis starts @Duke (probably based on today's example), what are the chances Coach brings on Marucci during that game, hopefully earlier than today?

Sucks we had a bad fan showing but that's normal for bad teams. The difference for Wake is that when our fans don't show up, the media and haters will say, "see they only have 5 fans."

Back