• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Floyd Mayweather's next fight will be on free TV (CBS)

SkinsNDeacs

Reaction score
http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/articles/21149-source-mayweather-will-fight-berto-on-cbs

If Floyd wasn't such a boring fighter this might be a game changer for boxing. While PPV has fattened the pockets of a few top level fighters it has effectively killed the sport. Boxing needs a fighter that has mass appeal put on a great fight on free TV. Unfortunately Mayweather only have one of those two...he is incapable of putting on a great fight. I don't do this often but I applaud Mayweather for the move.

Interesting. The first PBC fight on ESPN this past Saturday was pretty good.

Prediction: It goes the distance, Floyd wins by decision, and I don't watch it even though it's free.

Considering live events are king for TV now, doesn't surprise me that CBS would want to try to shift boxing away from Showtime and onto its broadcast network.

Back