• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Deacs in the NFL

If WF counts Luiji Vilian (which it should) then, WF can't count KW3. You count the players that leave your program for the NFL and make it, not the players that were in your program at one time, go somewhere else, and then make the NFL.

Zach Taylor started out at WF, but when I see him on the sidelines for the Bengals, I don't think of him as a Deac.

Meh. Both count. It's a silly way to excommunicate athletes who moved on for whatever reason.

feel like he's done this same song and dance with them for a while, and he did all he could do this go-round

I take it as exploring whether being in the PS for another team outside of the Giants PS gives him more opportunity to get called up during the season.

I take it as exploring whether being in the PS for another team outside of the Giants PS gives him more opportunity to get called up during the season.

Agreed.

I think it means he is considering retiring. If another team wanted him, he would have been picked up on waivers.

Maybe, but my thought was the Bachman was tired of kicking arse for the Giants in camp, and then getting sent to the practice squad; so, he (and his agent) decided that his best move would be to sign onto a practice squad with another team. We shall see. BTW, Bachman even said that he won't be returning to the Giants PS "at the moment". Sounded like he wants to keep his options open, rather than moving on from football. FWIW, Bachman seems like the kind of guy that would hang on to the NFL dream as long as possible.

Masterson deserves huge kudos and congrats. Man what a transformation. I remember the first time he registered to me was at Norte Dame. He was at safety. One of the first plays was a 20 yard out, and Masterson looked like he had concrete shoes on. Not a legit ACC safety.

Then he works his ass off…gets bigger, and with his nose for the ball is getting paid. Great job and a credit to not in,y himself but wakes process.

WF has 13 on NFL rosters and is regularly ranked as a team in the mid 60s in recruiting rankings. No wonder Clawson ignores recruit rankings except to point out how unimportant they are once the development process begins.

Well, schools that have a bunch of 5 stars have a lot more than 13 in the NFL. There is a pretty strong relationship to being a highly regarded HS recruit and playing in the NFL.

Leaving the NY Football Giants, you can only go up, save for the Cleveland Browns perhaps, one way or the other, Bachman is best to get out of there.

Well, schools that have a bunch of 5 stars have a lot more than 13 in the NFL. There is a pretty strong relationship to being a highly regarded HS recruit and playing in the NFL.

YEAH BUT PATRICK MAHOMES AND AARON DONALD WERE 3-STAR RECRUITS !!!!

I suspect Clawson would say, “So?”

I don’t think anyone who watched our defense said to themselves, 3 of these guys will be on an NFL roster next year.
Which is a further indictment of last year's defensive coaching or lack thereof.

An indictment is the lack of a great video of WF athletes in the NFL on the McCreary Scoreboard at the VMI game. With 12 to 13 players on 53 man NFL rosters you would think Currie and Clawson would prefer to see that hyped a bit better. Recruits and the lagging public need to be reminded of this regularly.

Back