• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Deacs in the NFL

Broncos only kept 4 receivers on the initial roster, which seems unlikely to stay the case moving forward. I think he could be back on the roster soon, following a player or two headed to short-term IR. It wouldn't surprise me if he's on the Broncos Week 1 roster.
Not if he had a bad camp with a new coaching staff.

Seems like Wolford has a good reputation as a guy you want in the QB room and the sideline even if he’s not great on the field.
He hasn't been bad on the field either. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets some play later in the season. I'm not high on Trask, and Baker has a low ceiling and is injury prone.

The knock on Wolford is he can't stay healthy, and its become increasingly obvious that his injuries aren't flukes.

Coaches love Wolford, and he's been OK when he has played, but he hasn't been able to stay on the field for more than a couple of games. That trait really hoses a team if the #2 can't stay on the field more than a few quarters as resorting to QB #3 means season over.

How does the process work? Any team can claim a player off waivers for a 24-48 hour period?
Yeah, you put in a claim, and they're weighted by I believe last year's record. And I think it's 24 hours. In Whiteheart's case, he's probably headed to Zona's PS. Then there are the guys going on IR but who had to be on the roster as of Tuesday 4:00. A lot of roster movement between that time and this weekend.

I don't think any of us had Whiteheart slated as an NFL prospect a year ago. Very impressive.

The knock on Wolford is he can't stay healthy, and its become increasingly obvious that his injuries aren't flukes.

Coaches love Wolford, and he's been OK when he has played, but he hasn't been able to stay on the field for more than a couple of games. That trait really hoses a team if the #2 can't stay on the field more than a few quarters as resorting to QB #3 means season over.
I don't know, he hasn't been great when he's gotten opportunities. In 7 games (4 starts), he's gone:

TD–INT: 1–5
Passing yards: 626
Completion percentage: 58.7%
Passer rating: 59.2
Rushing yards: 87
Fumbles: 3

Yeah, and it looked like he was doing well in training camp too. Being on a PS is not a bad place to start out a career. We had James Harrison and Darren Waller stolen off our PS, and they turned out alright.

I don't know, he hasn't been great when he's gotten opportunities. In 7 games (4 starts), he's gone:

TD–INT: 1–5
Passing yards: 626
Completion percentage: 58.7%
Passer rating: 59.2
Rushing yards: 87
Fumbles: 3

Those are typical "third string quarterback, out of the league in five years" numbers.

Is Basham playing his way out of the NFL? I don't see him on the Giants injury report.
He is still being phased into a new system. Looks like he is playing special teams and he might be playing some OLB in addition to DE, not sure. Seems like Giants fans are expecting him to get more of J Ward’s PT at DE. Not sure why his PFF Grades have been poor.

Back