• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Prognostications...

Lectro

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
I see a lot of the "Deacon malaise" out here...

The Deacs will be at least a .500 team this year and will make a serious run at the ACC Championship in 2012.

This season sees a total of 14 RS SR's playing significant minutes. About the same number of RS JR's will play significant roles as well.

4 RS SR's likely starting on D and 5 on offense bodes well.

Strong JR and SR class representation is what Grobe looks for and every one of these guys will contribute either on the two deep or on special teams (John Stamper as an example)

I look for the offense to be much improved with Tanner much more comfortable and a running back who can keep the pass rush honest.

--- This number of veterans is a good place to bring in your Soph and rs FR classes into the mix.

This is the season where the chart line begins to ascend again and look, if you want to fall over yourself about FSU and Notre Dame...go ahead --- in FSU's opener E.J. Manuel is going to get knocked out for the season and Brian Kelly ain't hitting on Shit. Those two teams are the most overhyped this season and will be 2 of the bigger disappointments. Clemson has no qb --spare me Tahj Boyd...that kid is no Tyrod Taylor. His accuracy sucks.

I see a lot of the "Deacon malaise" out here...

The Deacs will be at least a .500 team this year and will make a serious run at the ACC Championship in 2012.

This season sees a total of 14 RS SR's playing significant minutes. About the same number of RS JR's will play significant roles as well.

4 RS SR's likely starting on D and 5 on offense bodes well.

Strong JR and SR class representation is what Grobe looks for and every one of these guys will contribute either on the two deep or on special teams (John Stamper as an example)

I look for the offense to be much improved with Tanner much more comfortable and a running back who can keep the pass rush honest.

--- This number of veterans is a good place to bring in your Soph and rs FR classes into the mix.

This is the season where the chart line begins to ascend again and look, if you want to fall over yourself about FSU and Notre Dame...go ahead --- in FSU's opener E.J. Manuel is going to get knocked out for the season and Brian Kelly ain't hitting on Shit. Those two teams are the most overhyped this season and will be 2 of the bigger disappointments. Clemson has no qb --spare me Tahj Boyd...that kid is no Tyrod Taylor. His accuracy sucks.

Quoted for posterity.

I hat to break it to you, but the football Deacons are going to
finish last.

Don't just quote it...get ready to live it.

Sorry ass fans do nothing but suck peter whenever they read an Athlon preview of FSU and have become so ingrained with their previous culture of losing at this school that they can't escape their 'rationalizations' for being 'perrenial losers' (Pre-2000). The 'rationalizations' have become the excuse and the excuse has become the 'truth' : "we don't have the fanbase and alumni, we don't have the stadium, etc.," Why anybody would want to hang out with such fucking pukes is beyond me...but I persevere!

If ever a school suffered from a 'lack of homers' it certainly must be Wake Forest. God bless Grobe for working in an environment innundated with 'rock heads'.

lectro, there's a board full of homers that you can post on if you don't like posting here.

That's a pretty poor assessment of Wake fans. Any "malaise" is due to the culture of the last season and a half.

Your knowledge of "your school" and how it builds Football teams sucks pal.

I have no fucking idea what your phd is in (it tells me all i need to know that you wear it as a shingle) but you don't know a god damn thing about Wake Forest Football and you never have.

I look forward to jamming the God damn sandwich down your throat this year...

Lectro posts were so much more awesome when he had use creativity to get around profanity filters.

Your knowledge of "your school" and how it builds Football teams sucks pal.

I have no fucking idea what your phd is in (it tells me all i need to know that you wear it as a shingle) but you don't know a god damn thing about Wake Forest Football and you never have.

I look forward to jamming the God damn sandwich down your throat this year...

I look forward to seeing you skip out on posting for half the year after your pile of predictions turns out to be horseshit again.

You got 2009 next to your name so...nuff said.

You don't know how the last Championship team was built nor what struggles it went through to break through and you are equally un-aware this time around.

No worries...you will get on the bus...but it will be the back of the bus. That's where the space is reserved for those with no vision. We can put you next to ph.

You don't know how the last Championship team was built nor what struggles it went through to break through and you are equally un-aware this time around.

No worries...you will get on the bus...but it will be the back of the bus. That's where the space is reserved for those with no vision. We can put you next to ph.

If you look out the back window you'll see Lectro as the person running away from the bus in the opposite direction.

I look forward to seeing you skip out on posting for half the year after your pile of predictions turns out to be horseshit again.

What prediction turned out to be horseshit smart guy. What was my prediction for last year?

You repeat more clueless shit than ph.

If you look out the back window you'll see Lectro as the person running away from the bus in the opposite direction.

That bespeaks your capacity... you epitomize 'rear view window' thinking.

Inform us.

Lolz. Is this really addressed to me?

I'm fully aware of how that championship team was built. Instead of spouting about it on a message board, I put my money where my mouth was. Bet a good friend after our 4-7 2008 season that we would go to a BCS Bowl Game in the next 3 years.

I'm on your side here, bro. Definitely think we will get back to a .500 record next season. Our ability to get back to the ACC Championship game is largely going to rest on the ability of these young players to develop their skills AND their leadership over the next 2 seasons.

Friends

Lectro has not made any friends yet

Befriend Lectro

:squint:

I just can't get over how a bandwagon fan who showed up after Grobe got here and who jumped ship during our worst season in decades, has the nerve to tell fans who've stuck it out through thick and thin for nearly 2 decades that they don't know anything about Wake football.

It takes a special kind of stupid to think that way.

I don't look forward to that, because it means we suck again. I'll gladly listen to Lectro if it means we're winning football games again.

I just can't get over how a bandwagon fan who showed up after Grobe got here and who jumped ship during our worst season in decades, has the nerve to tell fans who've stuck it out through thick and thin for nearly 2 decades that they don't know anything about Wake football.

It takes a special kind of stupid to think that way.

This. I sat through way too much Caldwell era football for some UNC fan to give me crap.

Back